cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did downloaded and saved photo attachment from email go?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where did downloaded and saved photo attachment from email go?

I downloaded and viewed a photo that was attached to a Gmail, and when I chose to save it, it said it would put it with my photos. Well guess what? It's not there. I tried it again, and it said the filename is already in use, but I can't find the picture anywhere. Where does this phone hide things and how can you view them? HELP!

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Where did downloaded and saved photo attachment from email go?

I had the exact same problem with a picture mail, multiple times. It says it saves it, but I could never find any trace of it on the card, in the album, or anywhere. I gave up and downloaded the picture off the Sprint picture messaging site. 😕

Master

Re: Where did downloaded and saved photo attachment from email go?

@LL Cool K wrote:
I downloaded and viewed a photo that was attached to a Gmail, and when I chose to save it, it said it would put it with my photos. Well guess what? It's not there. I tried it again, and it said the filename is already in use, but I can't find the picture anywhere. Where does this phone hide things and how can you view them? HELP!

It should be in the folder "Saved" in My Photos, If not there check "Email>Browse Files>Pictures" or "Other Attachments"

Journeyman

Unfortunately, it's not in the "saved folder."...

Unfortunately, it's not in the "saved folder." I can find it with "other attachments" but you can't do anything with it but attach it to another email.

Master

Re: Unfortunately, it's not in the "saved folder."...

@LL Cool K wrote:
Unfortunately, it's not in the "saved folder." I can find it with "other attachments" but you can't do anything with it but attach it to another email.

You can retrieve it by plugging your phone into your computer and it is in the file named "Other" and move it to the "Saved" folder if you want to keep it on the phone.

When you receive an email you want to save attached to an email when you tap the paperclip icon, on the next screen tap in the "Floppy Disc" looking icon andit will ask where you want to save it to, "My Photos" or "Other Attachments"

Journeyman

Thanks!

Thanks!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat