cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's WILL. Thanks.......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where's WILL. Thanks.......

You were correct about the update being before the end of the month and I for one appreciate your presence on this board. Was wondering if you could chime in on what was updated.

So far it looks like:

1. The battery indicator will now read 100% when fully charged

2. Auto Correct now will stay on when texting.

3. ???????????

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Where's WILL. Thanks.......

Hi - and thank you for the kind words.

I'm working with Doug to get a list of everything that was updated in this release - I should have that ready by the end of the day.  Stay tuned!

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:

I'm working with Doug to get a list of everything that was updated in this release - I should have that ready by the end of the day. Stay tuned!

Will

Awesome news Will! Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:

I'm working with Doug to get a list of everything that was updated in this release - I should have that ready by the end of the day. Stay tuned!

Will

Yeah well while you are doing that be sure to take some time and prepare yourself for a lot of unhappy people because from the looks of things this update didn't do pretty much anything people have asked for or had problems with. For me I was happy before and after the update..so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:

Will

Thanks Will! That would be awesome.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Personally, I think this update was to fix and tweak a lot of things that were not working the way they were designed to work. If I had to guess, adding functionality that was never originally planned for the phone, will happen in other releases. Fix what's broken 1st, add more functions 2nd. From what I've read, there is a 2nd update which is supposed to update the Java software in some way to allow the keyboard to pop up/use Opera Mini web browser, and to also allow previously made 3rd party Java apps to run on the phone. I've heard that is due sometime in August to possibly the 1st part of September. I guess there is more involved in the programming for that update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@UnSTaBLE wrote:

@wengla02 wrote:

Will

Yeah well while you are doing that be sure to take some time and prepare yourself for a lot of unhappy people because from the looks of things this update didn't do pretty much anything people have asked for or had problems with. For me I was happy before and after the update..so far.

I'm very happy with the phone as well. Hopefully Will will be nice enough to let us know what type of 3rd party apps will be updated in a couple weeks. If not, no big deal, but unstable is right, unfortunately there will be a lot of unhappy people. . . . but you can't please everyone all the time, right? 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Will, I think you are the only one that actually takes the time to reply to the messages. It provides some reassurance.

Highlighted
Patron

Would those of you saying you are happy with the update please let us know what updated features, specifically, that you are happy with and what changes were made. Thanks.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

The update is up:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=6715

And you are correct - it was mainly to the Samsung ROM.  Application level fixes are coming in August.  They're ready but not fully tested / certified.  We want to make sure we aren't introducing any new bugs when we drop the app fixes.

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will: Thank you very much for taking the time to post and keep us up to date!

Can you confirm for me that the browser lock ups (nyt.com, etc.) are adderssed in the upcoming update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My update went fine. No problems!

My update went fine. No problems!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat