cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's WILL. Thanks.......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Where's WILL. Thanks.......

Kudo's to Will for putting these posts out today. Very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank you! 2 lil annoyances where fixed.Auto correct now works great,also the phone now shows 100% on the battery meeter.I guess everything else is "under the hood".This is just a sign of things to come.Now let the august update countdown commence! lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stereo Bluetooth Sound quality and Volume .. major improvement and very pleased .... Kudos Will

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Browser functionality and stability issues are being corrected in the next release, yes.    Our notes show "More robust and user friendly access to Yahoo, Hotmail, Best Buy, YouTube, etc"

Now what all is encompassed in "etc" I do not know, nor do I know what techncial changes are being made.

It's killing an old geek like me to not have a view into the codebase!  Ah well . . . 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will:

Thanks for the update on the browser. I've talked with my rep at the local Sprint Store and he has agreen to swap my phone if the browser update does not resolve the lockup issues, which will be after 30days.

So, for others, just talk with Sprint about the web issue and if for some unknown reason it is related to the phone, they should take care of you.

Again, Will, I truly appreciate your effort on this forum.

Highlighted
Journeyman

is the standard Java MIDP keyboard support comming soon Will?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I've read they are shooting to have the Standard Java keyboard working in August if everything goes right (this from the Sprint Developer forum board) Not sure when in August. They said "at least a month away" in the first part of July (I think that was posted around July 12th or so?)

***this will allow the keyboard to pop up so that you can use the Opera browser.

Highlighted

I don't know when in August we'll be doing that, but as MDG noted, it is in the pipeline.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wengla02 I'm glad theres an August update. I see when you...

wengla02 I'm glad theres an August update. I see when you set a background image you are able to zoom and pick the area of the image to show. can this app be added to the images under contacts? i have pictures that are cut (for example, the head on my fathers pic is cut out) if this app was added, you will be able choose a picture for a contact...it will allow u to zoom and choose the area of the pic. also, background! add it to the main screen. not just the unlock screen. let me know if any of this is being worked on

Highlighted

That'd be neat - I've already mentioned it to the product team.  (I had the same problem!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any chance for a different way to unlock? Why not a slide to unlock application? having to push the button in is kind of annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am very excited for all the new updates/changes coming on.

I love my phone with all it's issues..... it's nice to know that sprint is working on making this an even better phone.

I am in no way compaining, these are issues that just annoy me!

My only complaints/concerns on this phone are:

-my nextel blackberryhad great reception, my instinct has horrible reception

-weak calendar functionality (i am complaining about not being ableto sync to outlook! )

-not many options with the camera, not being able to zoom...

-POP email still not working

-some websites not working

-phone needs to be rebooted often, as different modules crap out. (often happens during navigation)

-not being able to get phone calls while streaming video with out having to go into debug menu

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat