Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Agrees The Instinct Sucks

Journeyman

Who Agrees The Instinct Sucks

I watch my co-workers play great games on their I-PHONE. I wish I could. TV cuts out. Nav freezes. No 3rd Party Apps.

Takes forever to send pic-mail. Takes WAY too long for any updates and there is hardly any info from Sprint. E-mailed Dan@sprint.com that was worthless. Wish I would have bought I-PHONE. Hopefully this update on 11/19 will improve the phone and bring us some games.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Want to play games? Buy an xbox or stop crying and go get an iphone.

Journeyman

@unhappy wrote:

I watch my co-workers play great games on their I-PHONE. I wish I could. TV cuts out. Nav freezes. No 3rd Party Apps.

Takes forever to send pic-mail. Takes WAY too long for any updates and there is hardly any info from Sprint. E-mailed Dan@sprint.com that was worthless. Wish I would have bought I-PHONE. Hopefully this update on 11/19 will improve the phone and bring us some games.

Yeah, and you'd love to send pic-mail with your iPhone... Er, wait, the iPhone only does text message and you have to pay more for that with AT&T. Find yourself a friend with an iPhone and watch him/her drool over Live Search and Navigation with voice! The iPhone is eye candy, no doubt, but it lacks a lot of things, too. Just buy yourself an iPod Touch and keep your Instinct.

Journeyman

wah wah wah. go join the apple generation and become a clone. I've had my instinct since the day before it was released. I think it rocks. I had the iphone for a week and it's all slick with no *bleep*. iphone is "cooler" if u think hilary duff is cool. instinct is more useful if you think a car is useful. all depends on what you want. sell your instinct, switch to att, the uber conglomerate trying to take over the world, and become one of their lil robots. the instinct isnt going to cry, trust me.

Journeyman

Yet, the iPhone is what the Instinct is trying to emulate/compete with.

Get the G1 - whatever it can't do that other phones can do will eventually be developed by a 3rd party. Open source - its a beautiful thing

Journeyman

I love the instinct!! I do a lot of driving and the navigation rocks I don't have a good short term memory so ........ well I think you get the picture ..(grin if your so unhappy why complain about it ??do something take action get ya a crackberry or whatever there is a lot of good people here but not you right cuz your leaving..RIGHT !

Journeyman

Love my Instinct. Can't wait for 11/19!

Journeyman

Ever ask an I-Phone user how they change the battery in their phone if it goes dead on them?

Love the Instinct.

Journeyman

the iphone has it's problems as well, but not nearly as bad as the instinct.

Bottom line: The iphone is a more powerful, better supported phone. It has far more apps, and almost everything the instinct can do, the iphone can do with a 3rd party app.

What really would be a killer phone is if Sprint offered the HTC Touch HD lol

Journeyman

Main things I don't like about the Instinct are:

- Lack of instant messenger. (Yet you are FORCED to pay for unlimited messaging, go figure.)

- Sprint TV. Way too slow and pixelated. Put an Instinct side-by-side with a Blackberry Curve and you'll see the difference in quality.

- Web browser sucks. For a phone sprint wanted to compare so much to the iPhone, they should have done a better job with this one. You're paying for unlimited data, why shouldn't you get a decent web browsing experience?

- LCDUI fix. Yeah that's supposed to come on 11/19 so we'll see..

If Sprint can fix the above, I'd be happy with the Instinct. I just hate how you have to pay for an everything plan and yet, you can't really use everything. Even though the built-in browser will probably never get much better, if we can get opera mini (comes back to the LCDUI fix) then that'll be a start.

Journeyman

Yeah, and I would love my phone to make my coffee and walk my dog in the morning. Please, be realistic. If you don't like the phone and keep finding defects without seeing the advantages, change phone, carrier or both! I also got my Instinct the day before it was launched and so far I love it. There are a few improvements that can be made, but nothing over which I will shoot myself or change phones/carriers.

Patron

I've always been of the opinion that you get what you pay for. So in regards to pricing w/ different phones/providers I keep that in mind. The key is finding a phone that works for you. There will NEVER be a phone that does everything perfectly. Ever.

I have a small list of things that I NEED any "smart" or "media" phone I own to do reasonably well:

-Web browsing

-Music

-Instant Messaging

-Email

-3rd party application support

-Calls

I didn't get much of that with the Instinct. So I weighed the pro's vs the cons and I went with an iphone replacement. I've owned an Iphone for about a month, jailbroke it last week. And just like I expected, no phone is perfect. Find a phone that works for you. If the instinct does that, great. If not, you may need to look into a different phone w/ or w/o sprint.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat