cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Can't Access OWA with Opera Mini

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who Can't Access OWA with Opera Mini

Need to know...are any of you using Opera Mini and having trouble accessing the OWA log-in page? Are you getting a cookie auth dll file message or a different message? How long has it been since you've not been able to access OWA? For those of you who might not know....OWA is Outlook Web Access. Thank you for your prompt reply.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Who Can't Access OWA with Opera Mini

Mine tries and fails to save cookieauth.dll. But I have to ask: why do you want to use opera to access owa when the built in email/work calendar access is one of the better features of this phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I work remote in the field and can only use OWA for company email. My company doesn't provide me with internalnetwork Outlook access. The Instinct browser is horrible to use for OWA. Takes a while to load the inbox screen and can't see the full length or width of the inbox. Have to scroll back and forth to read a message which is a pain in the butt. Opera Mini is much better/faster for viewing purposes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still works for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to log in just fine. I am using Opera Mini 4.2.13216, 20081124 and chose 'Private computer' when logging in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bdj837 wrote:
I work remote in the field and can only use OWA for company email. My company doesn't provide me with internalnetwork Outlook access. The Instinct browser is horrible to use for OWA. Takes a while to load the inbox screen and can't see the full length or width of the inbox. Have to scroll back and forth to read a message which is a pain in the butt. Opera Mini is much better/faster for viewing purposes.

I still don't understand. This phone will use your owa access as an email account and is pretty good at it, at least for the inbox and calendar. If you haven't tried it already, set up a 'work' email account with your owa login info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

But if he needs to access his contacts than OWA via a web browser is the way to go. And I'll second the comment about Opera being way better than the built in browser for OWA access.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can search the owa contacts through the email interface - and copy them to the phone's local contacts - and the calendar reminders will pop up on the phone - most of the time. You can't see folders other than the inbox, though, so there still may be some reasons to use browser access.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do use work email for OWA on my Instinct, but it has a couple drawbacks. As mentioned by lesmikesell, I cannot see folders which I need to refer to. Is not HTML email like OM. Hopefully OM will get the issue resolved soon. OM is assumingno one is having issues accessing OWA, and I want to provide info. to the contrary.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat