Who won the java apps contest?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Who won the java apps contest?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Who won the java apps contest?

We do not know, the last we heard was that Sprint was still checking apps. So we have no idea when, or if, the winner will be announced. The only person who might know now would be Will, however I seriously doubts if he even knows the progress of the contest. All in all it was a complete failure on Sprints part to finish the contest on time. The fact that they did not do this

SHOWS TOTAL DISRESPECT

to Sprints customers and loyal fans. It as if you are going to have a business meeting and it is supposed to take place at a 8:00 A.M in the morning. Well its 12:30 now, you check your phone and you see you have a message saying that he could not make it on time. However he says that he had to much to do and will try to make as soon as possible. This leaves you thinking "why would I try and do business with someone who can not show up on time or give me advanced warning before hand"?

I love my phone dearly, but its as if Sprint is being ran by a bunch of lazy 8th graders who can not get their homework done on time.

I do not hate Sprint either, but they need to get their stuff together badly.

P.S. sorry about my spelling I am in a hurry.

Message Edited by HebrewHammer on 10-27-2008 12:14 AM

Journeyman

Is there anyone here that knows somebody (or is somebody) at a publication like CNet, or some other tech publication, that can write a piece or simply report the news that Sprint has flat out failed and lied? This is embarassing to think that they can just sweep this under the rug as if it never happened.

Isn't this a crime some how - false advertising perhaps for those that are now stuck with sprint based on these "promises"??

That really seems to be the only way to get answers.

Journeyman

100% agreee!!!!

Journeyman

This is why i left sprint, i know The evil empire might not do much better but i was with sprint for a long time and this is not the onlydisappointment. So i decided that since you vote with your wallet on issues like this it was time to go.

Also i did the math and was paying sprint $200 for my lines and im paying at&t the same. I do hope Sprint gets the instinct fixed though it is a nice phone if theyfulfilltheirpromises.

BTW im not looking to start a flame war by posting. I just want sprint to know people ARE leaving over this and maybe they will get off there @sses and finish what they started.

Message Edited by coorspate on 10-27-2008 06:50 AM

Journeyman

My reply here will probably have no value added, yet I feel it important to point out that a colleague of mine has an iPhone and while he doesfancy it,diddivulgeit took Apple upwards of a year tocreate a morereliable product; and is indeed still pushing out updates. I believewhen all is said and done, Sprint and Samsung will have delivered a better product faster.

Sometimes good things do come to those who wait. While comparison with the Apple iPhone is not exactly valid, I dothink that on many levelstheSamsung Instinct isa superior product. No one would say, including Sprint and Samsung (or Will or Sarah for that matter), that the Instinct is where theywish it to be. The real perspectivewhich matters is whether or not youesteemit to have been a good investment. If not, then you must move on to a product that suits your fancy.

I feel certain, however,if you communicate your misgivings to a Sprint customer representative in a constructive manner that they will remunerate you with the appropriate credits.

Journeyman

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat