cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not view Attachments like PDF, Word or Excell?

Highlighted
Patron

Why can I not view Attachments like PDF, Word or Excell?

The Instinct is a PDA/Smart phone so why can I not view the documents? Will this be an upgrade?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Why can I not view Attachments like PDF, Word or Excell?

It's my understanding that the Instinct in not a PDA/smartphone. It's more of an entertainment phone. Sorry!

Patron

I was to believe that it was a PDA/Smart phone and had to...

I was to believe that it was a PDA/Smart phone and had to sign up another 2 years! Sprint needs to remove it on the site then as a PDA/Smart phone.

Journeyman

you need to do little more research next time. this is no...

you need to do little more research next time. this is not an iphone but a very cool phone to use. i agree that sprint should not be calling it a smartphone.

Journeyman

Re: Why can I not view Attachments like PDF, Word or Excell?

They group a lot of items under "smat phone" anymore. If you would have read even one or two reviews online before purchase (which would make sense if you need this option so badly) then you would have known that this is an entertainment phone with some smart phone options.

Someone said it is no iPhone, I agree, but that phone sucks as a smartphone too. The only true smart phones are those running Palm, BBerry or WM at the moment. That will change with time (and probably the release of the iPhone 3G) but this was never considered a true smartphone...

Patron

I agree with all of you. I should have did research on it...

I agree with all of you. I should have did research on it, but hey I a mnew with this. If you can not trust what the Sprint Rep's say that is not good wither. I seen the IPhone and I like the instinct better. It is just not for me.

Journeyman

Re: I was to believe that it was a PDA/Smart phone and had to...

From what i had heard/read, it was never classified as a smart phone/pda. When I went with my friend to his local Sprint store, the rep immediately made it clear that it IS NOT a smart phone/pda. I do not see on the Sprint website that it is identified as such either. In fact, when you choose smart phone/pda it disappears from the list of options.

Journeyman

Re: I was to believe that it was a PDA/Smart phone and had to...

The discussion of whether Instinct is a smart phone or not is pointless.

If Sprint wants to sell more of this device, it has to add things like PDF viewer! You don't tell your customers what they can't have, you build what your customers want otherwise they go elsewhere!

Patron

Burbsofny I had to check after reading your post and NOW...

Burbsofny I had to check after reading your post and NOW the instict is not listed as a PDA/Smart phone! They got it right now. But I do have a screen shot of the web that shows it was there! My pint is just to let others know that I was mid lead. I am not one to get on these type of sites. I did because I wanted others to know and to vent! I am locked in 2 year contract again because I was midlead. It is not for me to check out the web on this it is up to the Sprint Reps to know the product they are aelling not mislead someone!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat