cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send pictures to other phone carriers?

Journeyman

Message Edited by Raine on 07-05-2008 06:21 PM

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have found out that phones like the Iphone do not suppo...

I have found out that phones like the Iphone do not support picture texting and you have to send it to them in an e-mail format. just another way the Instinct beats the iphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

even if the iphone doesnt have MMS it can still recieve p...

even if the iphone doesnt have MMS it can still recieve picture messages so your weong. what happens is that when you send an MMS to an iphone they get a text with a link where to retrieve it, i know because i had the iphone. so far the instinct is beating anything... the useless browser alone outweighs all the good

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only flaw that I have found with the Instinct, as far...

The only flaw that I have found with the Instinct, as far as picture messaging, is that I cannot receive an animated *gif image. It translates into a standard gif image. I have tried numerous times to see it in different ways, but no go! If someone has had success with this....let me know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just posted the same problem before finding this post....

I just posted the same problem before finding this post. I have several friends with Verizon. I can receive pictures, even videos, from them but they cannot receive any from me. With my previous phone which was a Sanyo it worked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why can't I send pictures to other phone carriers?

I can't send pics to my son's phone on Verizon, either. I'm thinking it's a size issue. I read in another forum that pics to Verizon have to be < 300Kb in size.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Excuse my ignorance but is it possible to decrease the si...

Excuse my ignorance but is it possible to decrease the size of the picture less than 300kb? Is there a setting where this is done or is it generated on its own?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't send pic's to anyone out side of Sprint BUT I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!! Tell a Verzion customer to take the same pic you have then have then send it It works every time !!!! 14 days to cancel and I might just do it tomorrow!

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to this, they should be compatible

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/domore.do

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat