cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I stop auto receiving email via OWA or Hotmail

Journeyman

Why can't I stop auto receiving email via OWA or Hotmail

I have set both my accounts to not tell me when I have email and to not auto recieve and I still get a vibrate and a blue star with new emails. Is there anyway to turn them off. I work at a desk and don't want to have to delete email from both my work computer and my phone while at work. I just want to be able to make the phone receive email when I'm not at work, manually. Can i do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why can't I stop auto receiving email via OWA or Hotmail

I think it is a bug that auto-receive sometimes runs even when turned off - but note that you don't have to delete from the phone. If you delete on the computer the next update will delete from the phone and vice versa. And if you don't delete anything, the messages will just cycle through the phone, keeping the newest.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why can't I stop auto receiving email via OWA or Hotmail

I have this same problem and it is highly irritating to me. I love how no one at sprint either cares nor knows how to fix it. Total junk.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat