cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my phone freeze up so much?

Journeyman

Why does my phone freeze up so much?

My phone freezes up pretty frequently. I try to power it up and all I get is a black glowing screen. That's as much as I get unless I take the battery out, put it back in, and then power it up. The peeps at Best Buy told me that haven't had one return. Kind of made me feel like it was something that I was doing. What's up? Anyone else going through this? I'm probably going to take it back anywat and get a new one before my 30 days is up.

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Youre not alone mine does it frequently as well. It will...

Youre not alone mine does it frequently as well. It will have a black screen with only the 3 buttons at the bottom glowing, sometimes it will come back on by itself sometimes I have to take out the battery. The problem is if Ive just written a long text and it freezes it will go back to the conversation but the text I had just written will no longer be there nor saved as a draft.

Journeyman

Mine kept freezing up using the web, etc. So today was my...

Mine kept freezing up using the web, etc. So today was my 30th day and I took it back to Sprint for them to check it out. The girl came out with a new replacement and said that the tech said my original was doing all kinds of crazy things. Take it back and let Sprint check it out.

Journeyman

Re: Mine kept freezing up using the web, etc. So today was my...

Over the period of one month, I have had the phone lock up about 3-4 times when everything including the hardware buttons stopped working. Not even the power button would do anything. The only solution was to remove the battery and then restart the phone. It is better than my previous windows mobile phone but yes, the Instinct does lock up and I mean really locks up!

Journeyman

Re: Why does my phone freeze up so much?

I had the same problem. After I enabled Mobile Sync for the first time, my phone completely locked up. Took 20 minutes before it became usable again. During that time it locked up on a regular basis until I plugged it in via USB and it completely crashed. I got a white screen with a blue box which appeared to me like it was reflashing itself.

I lost EVERYTHING. I took it, along with my old phone to my local Sprint store, had them transfer the contacts back over and went along my merry way. It froze 3 more times within 2 hours and that was the last straw, took it back in and told them I wanted a new one. They were kind of shocked because no one else in my area apparently had any problems or made attempts to return, but like already mentioned, the tech noticed mine doing funky things. For instance, even though web was already activated, I would get a lot of proxy errors and it would want to be reactivated. Got a new one and it has worked great so far.

Journeyman

My has been doing the same thing...i've had it replaced o...

My has been doing the same thing...i've had it replaced once and the 2nd is doing it again...i am taking it back and reactivating my old phone. this phone is NOT worth the money!

Journeyman

Mine freezes when not even in use. I will see the buttons light up and I will go and touch Home or Back and nothing. It resets back to speed dial only to wait until it can freeze again.

Sprint or Samsung has some retarded programmers is the only explanation.

Journeyman

For about the past 3 or 4 weeks I've been having this issue. The most aggravating is when it freezes when I'm attempting to do things like pull up a contact, or even dialing a number. The phone will suddenly freeze if I let it sit, it will eventually come back to life.. though often I end up pulling the battery to get it going again.

Wizard

My instinct probably locks up at least once each day. Usually, if I hold the power button down for about 20-30 seconds it will fully power off and then let me power back up.

Of course, I will lose whatever I was in the middle of when the phone locked.

Journeyman

mine only locks up at times when i answer a call i will s...

mine only locks up at times when i answer a call i will slide up to answer. then the phone locks up i see the contacts picture and the phone slide is up and the phone is frozen cant talk hang up even shut off the phone. i have to wait for it to come back most time in 30 to 60 seconds. its a pain in the rear.