cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does sprint marketing SUCK SOOOOO BAD!!!!

Highlighted
Patron

Why does sprint marketing SUCK SOOOOO BAD!!!!

By requiring an Simply Everything Plan or a talk/message/data plan sprint is losing soooo much money! there are thousands of people that want the phone that cant afford the new plans sprint open your eyes... you're wondering why in the past few quarters you have lost millions of customers...stuff like this is why! let regular people get the phone will their regular plans with say power vision..and i personally don't care but if you want to go ahead and bump up the price for people who want it without the SEP be my guest

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why does sprint marketing SUCK SOOOOO BAD!!!!

The plans begin at $69.99. For a phone with so many features, that is probably a reasonable price, wouldn't you think?

Patron

no...have you ever heard of Power Vision... it includes a...

no...have you ever heard of Power Vision... it includes all of the features on an SEP for 15 dollars a month per the line that has it sprint is losing sooo many people that are jumping ships to att for the new iphone 3g BAD MARKETING!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: no...have you ever heard of Power Vision... it includes a...

@Instinct wrote:
no...have you ever heard of Power Vision... it includes all of the features on an SEP for 15 dollars a month per the line that has it sprint is losing sooo many people that are jumping ships to att for the new iphone 3g BAD MARKETING!

As a matter of fact, I have. I used to have it for $10 on my Treo 700p. It's now one of the things in the SEP. As for Power Vision including "all of the features" as SEP, I think that is not the case, but you can do your homework and check that out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think you can blame marketing for this. Also, I d...

I don't think you can blame marketing for this. Also, I don't think you can blame Sprint for moving in the direction of having a all-you-can-eat plan(s). Sprint under Dan Hesse decided that streamlining their plans and services would significantly minimize complexity of operations within the company and thereby improve customer service. Bad customer service has been the reason so many customers have been defecting to other carriers, and while improved customer service has yet to be seen, it does make logical sense that fewer but better plans and phones would simplify operations and inevitably improve customer service. Draw an example with Chipotle (tex-mex restaurant) - smaller menu which is pricier than Taco Bell but better ingredients and better service - and still as fast in service as Taco Bell.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think the SEP is great for the Instinct. A lot of phone...

I think the SEP is great for the Instinct. A lot of phones require some type of data plan, doesn't the iPhone make you have a data plan to use it? So not only are you paying so much for your mins but then you have to add a data plan. I also believe these data plans only offer you around 200 txt per month, so if you need more you have to pay more. Of course that doesn't count the other stuff such as tv, GPS, etc So the SEP ($99.99) is much better, unlimited mins, txt, net, tv, etc Plus if you don't need unlimited mins you can get one of the cheaper SEP and save a bit of money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A couple of things here. First, no, you can not, nor could you beforeget PowerVison for $15.00 a month, that would just be Vision, there is a difference. Also, the SE plans have all that the other data plans had COMBINED. If you were to get a PDA/Smartphone from ANY CARRIER, you would pay for the features of that phone. The SE plan puts it all together into one plan at a LOWER price.

Myself, I currently have Verizon, and I pay $59.99 a month, for 450 minutes on the equivilant of the Talk/Message plan (which is $49.99 on Sprint), for just $10.00 more than what I pay now, I could be on a faster network, with GPS/Navigation, TV (over 50 channels), Music (150 stations),internet and email. I am seriously considering terminating my contract.

How is Sprint dumb for making everything in one package for a fraction of the price? If you were to get the phone on a different network and have to pay for each thing seperately at an inflated price, would that make you happy? This is just common sense.

Highlighted
Patron

woah woah woah, don't get me wrong here, im all for the n...

woah woah woah, don't get me wrong here, im all for the new SEP i'm just mad that it is REQUIRED! and yes I have Power Vision for my line and it includes everything minus the unlimited talk sooo???? and yes it is marketing, the technology is there but the campaign,marketing and requirements is ridiculous. Honestly the sprint network is a joke... it was a power house and then CEO Dan or whoever it was started creating all theses requirements. Come on really there trying to nickel and dime you here. You can get the same stuff with Vision but they want you to pay more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: woah woah woah, don't get me wrong here, im all for the n...

None of the Power Vision plans had every feature of the SE plan (not talking about the anytime minutes, obviously that is what your voice plan would have been). Do a little research before you state that as fact. Also, asI mentioned all PDA/Smartphones require data. I don't care what carrier you are on this is true. If you didn't get data with the phone, what would be the point of purchasing it? So you can look like you can do cool things, but you can't? As far as nickle and diming you, I would say this is the complete opposite. You are getting more for less. Charging you for each individual feature would be nickle and diming you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lilbitdistracted wrote:

First, no, you can not, nor could you beforeget PowerVison for $15.00 a month, that would just be Vision, there is a difference.

Just for the record, yes, you could have Power Vision. I had it on my Treo 700p for 2 years and only paid $10 a month. Yes, much less, but it was offered to me when I bought the Treo 700p as an incentive for me to sign up for Power Vision.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just simple math, I used to have a 35.00 plan + 20.00 pow...

Just simple math, I used to have a 35.00 plan + 20.00 power vision + 15 texting wich gave me 70 per month, so I switched to the 69.99 and I am even saving a penny monthly. So there is no harm in changing plans.

Highlighted
Patron

okay thats you!!!!! i have a family of 4 on a family shar...

okay thats you!!!!! i have a family of 4 on a family share plan, 110$ a month including my Vision Ultimate 15$ for my one line. the talk/message/data plan raises my overall costs to 180$!!! and i am not paying 70$ for my one line that is ridiculous... yes sprint is dumb for requiring something that you can get for 20-25 dollars yet their charging you at minimum 70$ per month tell me what the SEP has that Vision doesn't? and top it all off...ITS A PHONE!!!!!! all the other stuff is extra

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat