cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does sprint marketing SUCK SOOOOO BAD!!!!

Highlighted
Patron

Why does sprint marketing SUCK SOOOOO BAD!!!!

By requiring an Simply Everything Plan or a talk/message/data plan sprint is losing soooo much money! there are thousands of people that want the phone that cant afford the new plans sprint open your eyes... you're wondering why in the past few quarters you have lost millions of customers...stuff like this is why! let regular people get the phone will their regular plans with say power vision..and i personally don't care but if you want to go ahead and bump up the price for people who want it without the SEP be my guest

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, so you're obviously on an older plan. Yes, its a phone but if you don't plan on using the features it has then why would you even buy it? And Sprint isn't the only carrier that requires you to have a data plan when you buy a PDA/Smartphone. Everyone requires a data plan wheter it be Sprint, Verizon or ATT and Sprints plans just so happen to be the cheapest. That was the same thing that people would say when the iPhone came out but it makes sense. If you aren't gonna use its features than its obviously not the phone for you and you shouldn't complain. And honestly, people aren't gonna leave Sprint just because they have to change their plan. If they do, they would also see after going to other carriers that Sprint offers the cheapest data plan options with 99.99 for EVERYTHING. No other carrier offers everything unlimited at that price.

Highlighted
Journeyman

$100.00 a month for "Simply Everthing" is an incredible rate. There are lower priced plans also. I would not buy a high performance vehicle, then complain about needing high octane fuel to run it, buy a VW instead.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not talking about a discounted price you got for being a loyal customer, an employee discount or whatever else. If you are comparing prices at the retail price, yes SE is better priced for more.

As far as the shared plans go, I have helped plenty of customers save money by switching to the Talk/Message/Data share plan. Yes, there will be a minority that will have to change from a much cheaper plan, that they have been on for several years, but if they were to switch to any other PDA/Smartphone, they would have to do the same thing, and if they went to another carrier, they would be paying more. The majority of people changing from a family plan, have been VERY pleased with the new plans, at least those that I have helped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look at what ATT is doing with the iPhone. Get the new phone, your going to pay more a month for service.

Just a fact of life. Love the car analogy, perfect.

Highlighted
Patron

all its features????? this is what i am saying... it is #$$#$#@ that they are requiring the plans!!! Vision Vision Vision! has all the things the SEP plans has minus 70$ a month and ya this was like sprints last chance...their customer service is horrible....their phones crappy and when they finally come out with a good phone... you cant get it unless you pay 70$/180$ (for me) the only thing im counting on with hope is either they change the REQUIREMENTS or when they come out with the new sero plans...why cant they drop the SEP for the Instinct... yea they already hooked lined and sinkered all the instinct crazies that bought the new plan...now they should take SEP away...or at l east not force it to be required

Highlighted
Patron

i just looked online at att the new iphone 3g....30$ a month Instinct 70$ at a minimum???? and dont get me wrong i love sprint but they suck at selling phones to the public thats why they lost millions of customers this quater

Journeyman

no, its not $30 a month. its $30/month on top of whatever plan is the customer has. it also only includes 200 text messages a month which you have to pay more for. The cheapest ATT plan that is compatible with the data add on is 39.99 + 30 for data. If you want unlimited text included that's another 20. If you want everything unlimited, its 99.99 for the unlimited voice plus 50 for the unlimited data and text. research a little further next time. Also, the reason so many people left Sprint last quarter is because of customer service. Leave the business analysis to people who get paid to do it. I see your point but you act like Sprint in the only company that does this with their plans. They aren't the first to do it but they do happen to be the cheapest. Another reason why people leave is because people want them to do things like give them dirt cheap data when no carrier does it. You can't expect them to lose money just because you want everything cheap. They're a business. Their objective is to make money, not give it away to everyone who wants everything handed to them at a discount. I switched to the 69.99 Everything 450 because I hardly use more than 300 minutes a month and unlimited data and text is great for me seeing as I send over 3500 texts a month and use alot of the data intensive features. It IS a great deal and much cheaper than the competition. The only place I see that it may suck is for the users of a family plan then it works out to be a bit more expensive than what some current users may have at the moment but it is still cheaper than the competition even still. People want to complain about leaving to another company because of it but the other companies are gonna cost them more anyway because their plans are a lot more expensive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Instinct wrote:
i just looked online at att the new iphone 3g....30$ a month Instinct 70$ at a minimum???? and dont get me wrong i love sprint but they suck at selling phones to the public thats why they lost millions of customers this quater

I don't think you understand fully what your saying.

Pretty much, your not listening to anyone and won't accept being wrong. Its ok.

But with that said, I'm leaving. I can't take this, too aggrevating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@dav3 wrote:

@Instinct wrote:

I don't think you understand fully what your saying.

Pretty much, your not listening to anyone and won't accept being wrong. Its ok.

But with that said, I'm leaving. I can't take this, too aggrevating.

Agreed! I can't take this anymore.

Highlighted
Journeyman

lol... come on guys. don't give up. there's hope for him yet. he'll get it sooner or later.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What would help is if he posted his currentplan and add ons resulting in the total he has. (ie anytime minutes, texting, data, TV/Radio, and GPS).

I just went to the Sprint website and the Talk/Message/Data share plans for 4 is $170 for 1500 anytime minutes. $130 for the first two lines and $20 per additional line. For $10 more you can have Night/Weekends starting at 6pm vs 7pm. This means all 4 subscribers will have unlimited texting, unlimited data, unlimited mobile to mobile, and unlmited access to GPS, email, and all other free data appliations. Not to mention TV and Radio, picture and video messaging, etc... It is all listed on the Sprint website what you get.

I get what you are saying in regard to the plans you have NOW and how this is forcing an upcharge. However this also means that extra money means all 4 lines on your accountnow can enjoy those same features along with you. Whether it be the Instinct of any other device with like features (the Instinct isnt the only phone with email, GPS, and music store. :))

I think you will find if you ever tried to get all those services for your entire 4 lines it would have cost ALOT more than $170 a month!

If you have seen the commercials from Sprint speakingof the "wireless revolution" as well as other carriers... the paradigm shift is the same as it was when people were making the move from dial up to broadband internet service providers. Which was a price jump from $10/20 a month to $40/50 a month. Basically the wireless phone does alot more than just provide a means to talk and reach people away from their home/office. Mobile "minutes" has gone the way of the long distance wars of years ago. All those companies had slashed their rates to the point they were at rock bottom pricing. Wireless minutes have reached that same juncture. Therefore the way to make money now is to push people to using talk/messaging/data. Each company has chosen their own way of making this happen with the all you can eat plans. Sprint has given us the most for our dollar in their plans, and months after the announcements no one has been able to answer.

Now, Sprint again trumps the competition with the 3G iPhone being $199. Sprint slashed it to $129.99. Sprint has shown it is willing to trump the competition with aggressive pricing.

Dont forget you can choose a single plan for yourself as an Instinct user, and then choose a less expensensive talk only plan for your 3 other lines. OR, if you all 4 get an Instinct, you will be paying more... however at least you will all be getting more too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The $15 Power Vision pack did not include Sprint Navigation or the additional music and TV listings, so you might not have noticed that you had the more basic data access for your Treo. As lilbitdistracted says, SE is the equivalent of an unlimited voice plan PLUS the "ultimate" data pack, which Sprint charged anywhere from $25 to $30 a month for. All things considered, even the limited voice "everything" plan gives you quite a bit of bang for the buck - and makes sure the stuff you want to do with a phone like the Instinct is all included....

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat