cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Instinct erase sent text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why does the Instinct erase sent text messages

It seems like if I am sending text messages back and forth with one contact sort of like a chat long. If I look back at the text a day later. The text messages that I sent are automatically erased. Like the other person is just sending me text messages but I am not responding

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Why does the Instinct erase sent text messages

I think it has a Limit on how many it will hold

Rumor is

50 Sent

100 recieved.

Thats total not per person and why it might just be dropping off the sent ones.

Journeyman

I have the same issue. I actually thought something was wrong with my phone. I do not have 50 messages in my phone. I noticed on yesterday that all messages I received on Monday only showed the sender's message. Well this morning it's the same thing with Tuesday's messages. It looks like I didn't reply to any messages received on those days.

Can someone from sprint clear this up for us?Is it a setting on the phone to avoid this?

Journeyman

I have over 50 messages, and when I click on one of my se...

I have over 50 messages, and when I click on one of my senders, I scroll down to see older messages it shows the messages I sent along with what they sent. I am waiting to see if I get the same problem. When you scroll down your sent messages (well mine do) have the text

Journeyman

The same issue happens to me. I cannot view my sent messa...

The same issue happens to me. I cannot view my sent messages that I sent a few days earlier. I use to have a Sanyo before the Instinct and I could always view my sent messages. Hopefully Sprint or Samsung can come up with an upgrade to fix this issue.

Journeyman

#DATASCREEN*#

You can see your inbox/outbox for your text messaging, as well as other useful info. 190 incoming, 50 outgoing. Yes, the In and Outbox should logically both be the same size since messaging is threaded... you'd think, eh?

Message Edited by c4400 on 07-21-2008 10:44 AM

Patron

I was told that it is automatically set this way because...

I was told that it is automatically set this way because of the limited space on the Instinct. Too big of an archive will start to slow down the phone's speed. By the way, Y r they still making phones with so low internal memory.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat