cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the web browser not work for many sites?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why does the web browser not work for many sites?

I own a domain that I have forwarded to my comcast web site. It works from anyplace and has been set up this way for years. It also worked from my previous phone...both with the IE and Opera mini. With the instinct I cannot go to my site. Don't know why. I also have a webcam, from Hawking technologies...that uses a java applet. That does not work either. I also have a NAS that has a web site that worked from my old phone but will not from this one. There are many other issues with this browser including how it deals with certificates. I have to say the BROWSER is one of 2 MAJOR issues I have with this phone.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree and i don't like the fact that you can't get any...

I agree and i don't like the fact that you can't get any messenger service on the phone. I use MSN messenger for work but i can't get it on the phone. I could on my A900.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why does the web browser not work for many sites?

@searcher61 wrote:
I own a domain that I have forwarded to my comcast web site. It works from anyplace and has been set up this way for years. It also worked from my previous phone...both with the IE and Opera mini. With the instinct I cannot go to my site.

I have also encountered that problem with my domain. However, when I scroll down the error page on the Instinct, I can then see the site listed. Do you have that option?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, it lists my domain at the top under searches. The res...

No, it lists my domain at the top under searches. The rest of the page lists other sites that have the same words as my domain in them. I do not have the option to select it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

buttons online that are supposed to be clickable arent, l...

buttons online that are supposed to be clickable arent, like my online bank submit button

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat