cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the T.V. on the instinct so bad?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is the T.V. on the instinct so bad?

Anyone interested in pressuring Sprint into fixing it's T.V. issues on the instinct? Here's my point: I have a two year old phone, the A900 that could play T.V. fine without skipping or pixelation, every other phone on my plan can play T.V. fine(Samsung Rant, blackberry curve, etc.), so why can't mine? Do we need to threaten Sprint with a class action before they get moving on fixing the T.V.? I don't think I would even mind as much if there was some communication as to why there were problems with the T.V. but because there isn't any communication it's making me wonder whether or not this t.v. problem is intentional. How could this phone be so bad with T.V.?

Thoughts?

*EDIT* I forgot to mention that this also applies to youtube videos.

Message Edited by FannyPackInstinct on 02-06-2009 11:03 PM

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

I did not have the TV option on any other phones, except...

I did not have the TV option on any other phones, except for my instinct. I too think that this feature does not work well at all... almost unwatchable.... seems like im connected to the worst 3g network when trying to watch video

Master

Re: I did not have the TV option on any other phones, except...

Individual application upgrades for the MR5 period are expected to go live the week of 02/24, including updates to the Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV.

Patron

<blockquote><hr>Levi4u wrote:<br>Individual application upgrades for the MR5 period are expected to go live the week of 02/24, including updates to the Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV.<hr></blockquote><p>I have a weird feeling that pixelation will not be fixed. Again, they haven't fixed for what we asked, just the keyboard issue. But they mentioned stuff in the MR5 notes that I would've never imaged that existed.</p><p></p><p>Oh, and almost forgot, the music player was fixed a while back ago, I was happy on that one. Smiley Happy</p>

Master

<blockquote><hr>NSpeed wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>Levi4u wrote:<br>Individual application upgrades for the MR5 period are expected to go live the week of 02/24, including updates to the Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV.<hr></blockquote><p>I have a weird feeling that pixelation will not be fixed. Again, they haven't fixed for what we asked, just the keyboard issue. But they mentioned stuff in the MR5 notes that I would've never imaged that existed.</p><p></p><p>Oh, and almost forgot, the music player was fixed a while back ago, I was happy on that one. Smiley Happy</p><hr></blockquote><p></p>The music player still has major issues, Reading simple ID3 tags, Crashing when going to album view, once you play shuffle mode it will play in that same order every time you choose shuffle.

Patron

<blockquote><hr>Levi4u wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>NSpeed wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>Levi4u wrote:<br>Individual application upgrades for the MR5 period are expected to go live the week of 02/24, including updates to the Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV.<hr></blockquote><p>I have a weird feeling that pixelation will not be fixed. Again, they haven't fixed for what we asked, just the keyboard issue. But they mentioned stuff in the MR5 notes that I would've never imaged that existed.</p><p></p><p>Oh, and almost forgot, the music player was fixed a while back ago, I was happy on that one. Smiley Happy</p><hr></blockquote><p></p>The music player still has major issues, Reading simple ID3 tags, Crashing when going to album view, once you play shuffle mode it will play in that same order every time you choose shuffle.<hr>Oh yeah, but I was reffering the one update that fixed something that I was able to play music. Before that update, the card said I exceeded my limit.<br></blockquote>

Journeyman

I am aware that there is a sprint update coming for the T.V. but it isn't meant to make it on par with the other phones in Sprint's lineup.

Master

@FannyPackInstinct wrote:
I am aware that there is a sprint update coming for the T.V. But it isn't meant to make it on par with the other phones in Sprint's lineup.

That's kind of putting the cart before the horse isn't it? We'll have to wait and see what the next fix does.

Journeyman

Re: Why is the T.V. on the instinct so bad?

Please dont generalize Instinct TV quality. Speak for your Instinct, my TV and radio application looks and works quite well. Hopefully after the update yours will look as good as mine..

Journeyman

while there is still room for improvment, for some strang...

while there is still room for improvment, for some strang reason my tv has been excellent (compared to before) for over a month now. knock on wood! yikes, i probably just jinxed myself

Journeyman

So that you can go and buy phones like the Lotus. That's...

So that you can go and buy phones like the Lotus. That's what I did. It's nice to have TV back after having the Instinct for 7 months. They say in MR5 that they'll fix the TV? They've said that they would in every update before this!

Journeyman

Re: So that you can go and buy phones like the Lotus. That's...

lotus? another sprint phone with a good quality tv. Look, all these phones feed the same streams, this is fixable. tv xtra has great sound and even worse picture quality. They can fix it...I hope....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat