cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no sounds on my Instinct

Journeyman

Why is there no sounds on my Instinct

There is no sound coming out of my instinct, it's as if it had a head set on. Funny thing is when I plug headphones into the Instinct the phone, it sounds perfect. I don't have my headset with me so I can not make any calls. All text, it's really annoying at the moment.

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

There is no sound coming out of my instinct, it's as if i...

There is no sound coming out of my instinct, it's as if it had a head set on. Funny thing is when I plug headphones into the Instinct the phone, it sounds perfect. I don't have my headset with me so I can not make any calls. All text, it's really annoying at the moment. I've talked to a Sprint Rep., I took the phone to a repair center (were they replaced the speaker) the tech said i needed a new phone and was going to order it but, since I'm out of town that's not going to work out. Also TTY is off, bluetooth is off, I've done a hard reset, I've done a soft reset. Has any one had a similar problem and solved it? Is the headphone jack messed up? I have no clue but I'd love to get my phone working, cause i love it.

Journeyman

Re: There is no sound coming out of my instinct, it's as if i...

Hmm have you dropped it or spilled anything on it to cause this or did it just happen? Could be a hardware issue but I'm betting it could be a software issue. Try reprogramming the phone see if this might help (just call sprint and tell them you need to reprogram). If that doesn't work then it could just be a bad phone and you'll probably have to take it in and get a new one.

Journeyman

no drops, no spills, that's why I'm bitter about this. I'...

no drops, no spills, that's why I'm bitter about this. I've been so careful and it got messed up any ways. XD.

Journeyman

I have had my Instinct for about 2 weeks now and all of a...

I have had my Instinct for about 2 weeks now and all of a sudden the phone is muted. The ringer rings when a call comes in but when I try to answer it, the caller cannot hear me and I cannot hear the caller. I have done a reset and have checked and re-checked settings to make sure everything is correct. Usually when a call comes in, there is an option to put the phone on speaker phone by sliding the bar next to the speaker icon. That option is now gone so I think it is a software problem. I can hear music from the music player with the headphones but the phone speakers and mic have stopped working. Don't tell me we have a buggy phone here. And no I have not dropped it, got it wet or anything else that may have caused the problem. And the phone updated itself yesterday (8/2/08)

Journeyman

Re: I have had my Instinct for about 2 weeks now and all of a...

I recently had the same problem as all of you. I was unable to place or accept calls unless i had my headset with me. However, I recently found out why this happened and was able to fix it on my own. When the headset is plugged in, it obviously trips some sort of electronic device that puts the phone into headset mode, but when the headset is unplugged for some reason the device was not untripped and it stayed in headset mode. In order to fix it i simply yanked the headset out of the hole quickly, forcing whatever was keeping it in headset mode to flip off. I am happy it is fixed although now am reluctant to use the headset in the fear that the problem will come back. sprint should look into this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my Instinct for about six months and am just now having the same problem! I've taken very good care of my phone, so I don't understand why I'm suddenly having this problem. I tried the suggestion mentioned above, but it didn't work for me. If anyone else has a fix for this, I'd love to hear it. This has been a great phone, so I'm so disappointed that it's suddenly causing me a problem.

Journeyman

Have you tried powering off the phone with the head set plugged in, then unplugging the headphones, then powering on the phone and see if it corrects itself?

Something to consider if not.

Does sound like a connection issue, you could try plugging and unplugging it real quick 5 or 6 times to see if that works to correct it.

Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Journeyman

It worked! Thank you so much! ((big hug))

Journeyman

Re: Why is there no sounds on my Instinct

Folks, are we talking about the new Instinct HD's, classic Instinct's (M800), or the s30 models?

Journeyman

Re: Why is there no sounds on my Instinct

I've been having some unusual sound glitches with my 2nd Instinct (M800 model) that I also had. Random sounds coming on that sticks in a loop. It seems like there is some kind of glitch in the sound system or subsystem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat