cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why remove the NAV update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why remove the NAV update?

I am having the same issues with the phone locking up when you hit the phone or home buttons during navigation, but I found that rather than getting angry and frustrated with the application or with Sprint, if you want to use the application in the mean time, just hit the back button and exit the program correctly. You won't have any issues that way. This way, although it's not ideal, you can still use the program without freezing up your phone until they get it fixed.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Why remove the NAV update?

I think the problem is with the hundreds of thousands of users that do not visit this site, or other forums to find out why this is happening. I don't think they want all those people calling Sprint to find out what's going on and what the problem is with their phones. If you don't want to downgrade, then you'll probably have the option of not doing the 'update' just like when you did it last.

Journeyman

I'm just getting my 3rd Instinct back to normal and I found that if you do not accept the Upgrade or downgrade in this case, you can't get into the application. For example, I wanted to test out TV quality before and after the update, but I couldn't get into the TV app without taking the Upgrade. Same goes for the Pocket Express apps. I would guess that it would be the same for Navigation as well. You are sort of forced into the upgrade.

Journeyman

@chadaccount wrote:
I think the problem is with the hundreds of thousands of users that do not visit this site, or other forums to find out why this is happening. I don't think they want all those people calling Sprint to find out what's going on and what the problem is with their phones.

Exactly. We have a least 1 million Instinct users and for those who don't have the time to know what is going on, they are left in the dark with what seems to be a problematic phone.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>joe1234 wrote:<br><blockquote><hr>chadaccount wrote:<br>I think the problem is with the hundreds of thousands of users that do not visit this site, or other forums to find out why this is happening. I don't think they want all those people calling Sprint to find out what's going on and what the problem is with their phones.<hr></blockquote><p></p><p>Exactly. We have a least 1 million Instinct users and for those who don't have the time to know what is going on, they are left in the dark with what seems to be a problematic phone.</p><hr></blockquote><p></p><p>I spoke with a Sprint rep in one of the mall kiosks, and when I whipped out my phone he said "AH MAN! Not that phone" He went on to tell me that in the 2 years he's worked for Sprint, he's never had a phone returned so many times. I told him that it was funny because at the main Sprint store, or all the times when I called Sprint about it, they act like there's nothing wrong with it. He stated that they are informed not to say anything about it, but he said that he was going to be straight up with me and that he will try to talk people out of buying one. He was the most helpful and truthful person out of any Sprint store I have been to. He was actually honest about the issues and wasn't trying to play that political salesman game thing they are supposed to play. Maybe that's why they have him working in the mall instead of one of the main stores :)</p>

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat