ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Calendar sync be added later?

Highlighted

Will Calendar sync be added later?

There are no current plans to add Calendar sync to the Instinct.

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: Will Calendar sync be added later?

Oh oh, that's bad news. Then why is there a calendar on the Sprint page? So, if I understand what you said, if I'm to use the calendar, I should use only the one on the phone or else I'll have to do double entries. Please clarify.

Journeyman

Yeah. There's been a lot of misinformation. I like my new...

Yeah. There's been a lot of misinformation. I like my new Instinct a lot, but the truth is... my Sprint sales advisor told me it was the same as my Pocket PC, was a Windows Mobile system and would run Word, Excel and other Windows apps I currently have on my Pocket PC. So now that I've purchased the Instinct, I'm faced with still having to carry around my 6700 Pocket PC just for the apps. Again, I like the Instinct a lot, but I feel like Sprint completely snow-jobbed me.

Journeyman

what is the cable for? moving songs? what is the sync app...

what is the cable for? moving songs? what is the sync application for that does not work? what is it supposed to sync? I need to type contact info into my PC and get it transferred to my Instinct. honestly, the email program must do one of two things. either it must sync with outlook, or it must sync with my gmail calendar. does Sprint expect us to type all of the contact information for hundreds of contacts using the Instinct keyboard? even if we type all that data into the Spring website (which is frankly a security risk for my contacts) the website is so bloody slow it will take forever very discouraging

Journeyman

Can I please ask "Why?" are there no plans to a...

Can I please ask "Why?" are there no plans to add calender sync?

Journeyman

Why th ehell would you people not put Calendar Sync in yo...

Why th ehell would you people not put Calendar Sync in your roll out? This is just a BASIC feature and it seems very short sided of Sprint. I am a brand new customer to Sprint after ebing away for MANY, many years and came back becuase of the instinct and the Rev A CDMA 2000 network footprint.

Journeyman

Listen up folks - there WILL be an update - the pressure...

Listen up folks - there WILL be an update - the pressure is on with the coming release of the iPhone 2. Sprint had to get to market before them, very simple marketing. This Instict phone is a stepped down version of what Samsung has to offer. Sprint will get software updates and an Instict 2 by Christmas - mark my words. Aside from the lack of a sync-ing calendar, all functions are far better than most phones offered besides some of the fun features exclusive to the iPhone.

Journeyman

I'm sorry but I'm a little disappointed. With all the hyp...

I'm sorry but I'm a little disappointed. With all the hype, I expected to be able to sync my contacts, as well as have my Outlook calendar on my Instinct. After spending hours with tech support, trying to figure it out myself; I finally went back to sprint and had them upload my contact info to my phone. But, I truly hate to think that I will not be able to use my calendar without entering it again. What about my notes and tasks? Are those gone too? And BTW, the media manager has issues too. I uploaded some initial pictures; however, when I tried to upload additional photos to use with my contacts no luck. Disappointed in TX.

Journeyman

So I have to but a INSTINCT 2 in December to be able to v...

So I have to but a INSTINCT 2 in December to be able to view my calander. That is not acceptable I just got mine today and I am really starting to wonder if I should not go trade it in for a Mogul or just go back to my Treo 755 till the INSTINCT 2 comes out.

Journeyman

It makes no sense to have Calendar (a striped down versio...

It makes no sense to have Calendar (a striped down version compared to the rest, which shows weeks and hours) and Contacts, etc. on your phone and not be able to syn it with its own software, to the PC. This phone should be and it could (with the correct updates), ahead of its compititions. SPRINT ! DONT LET YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS DOWN....iTS HARD CASH AND TIME.

Journeyman

Re: It makes no sense to have Calendar (a striped down versio...

The calendar by itself needs some major overhaul. Synching it or not, there are also some basic things that need to be done. Today, for example, I tried to add a repeating event for every other Thursday. There was no option for that type of repetition. Yes, I can choose to repeat every week, but I couldn't see every other week. Can anyone? Please advise.

Journeyman

Re: Yeah. There's been a lot of misinformation. I like my new...

More than likely going to leave sprint because the vender site stopped

my bonus because I transferred an airave call to the airave support site

after fixing the phones on the account. So I am deleting my postings.
Message Edited by Threestepps on 12-29-2008 01:21 PM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat