cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will, Sarah....HELP! Pandora dead after MR-6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will, Sarah....HELP! Pandora dead after MR-6

Please guys, some info....hopefully some good news for a quick fix? Pandora no longer loads after MR-6.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pandora is still launching for me. I upgraded to MR-6 earlier today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Intrigue wrote:

Pandora is still launching for me. I upgraded to MR-6 earlier today.

Sure you own an Instinct...version CD17?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can confirm, Pandora no longer works for me after I installed the update today!

Highlighted
Journeyman

mine doesn't work either... well it does launch but there is no sound coming out after the update but after trying it several times, it finally worked for me... i was afraid this update would mess with pandora because in the s30 version doesn't play pandora and the pocket express on the s30 doesn't work like the instinct does.... but i am glad that for me all stil works after the update just fine... and yes the UI seems a lot snappier as well as checking albums and pic mail

way to go whoohoooo
Message Edited by myclub69 on 06-10-2009 10:12 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

haha yes I'm sure I own an Instinct. Don't let the post count fool you, I've had the Instinct since October. As I'm typing this, pandora is playing from my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is likely that Pandora will have to fix this problem, not Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sphinx wrote:
It is likely that Pandora will have to fix this problem, not Sprint.

So?? Don't try and let Sprint off the hook for this.

Wouldn't you think that those who beta tested MR-6 before release would have discovered this problem and brought it up?

How much do you want to bet that Sprint doesn't care...since it isn't one of their own "pay to play" apps?

Sprint and Pandora should have teamed up to make sure it worked, because it is a very popular application.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, Pandora should fix another Sprint goof up..Maybe Sprint will fix something before my contract ends, that would be nice to see...out of memory is still showing up, incase you thought it was fixed

Highlighted
Patron

Can also confirm; Pandora IS dead after MR6. Tried deleting and re-downloading with no success. If it's true some people can still run Pandora after MR6, why them and not the rest of us? Trying to click on it to open it, it returns me immediately to the 'Games/Apps' screen. WTF? Once again, an 'update' for the Instinct has created problems where none existed before-with very little if any noticeable improvement to the phone itself. At this point, after owning this 'phone' for 12 months, and being a Sprint customer for 11 years, I'm willing to take the hit and pay the $200 ETF. I had hoped that MR6 would at least move this phone closer to what most of us want, but clearly, that's never going to happen. What exactly is MR6 supposed to do for us besides supposedly open it up for more App development? Why would any developer waste their time to create Apps for this phone when it is obviously now the 'Red Headed Step Child' of Sprints line-up, and their time could be better spent creating Apps for the Pre or even for the iPhone? Enough is enough, my patience with this phone and with Sprint is at it's end. Bye-Bye Sprint and Instinct, hello iPhone 3G S.

Message Edited by da braddah on 06-11-2009 04:14 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@goygacon wrote:
Yeah, Pandora should fix another Sprint goof up..Maybe Sprint will fix something before my contract ends, that would be nice to see...out of memory is still showing up, incase you thought it was fixed

Yep, the native browser is resetting the phone. Tryed CNN.com twice....reset both times. Funny thing is, I never had this problem before. Great! Very impressive "enhancement" Sprint! How many more MRs til everything on this phone is rendered unusable?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Thanks for the report - I've got it submitted to the devs.  When I find out more, I'll update.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat