cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will, Sarah,

Master

Will, Sarah,

Will or Sarah, Since this upgrade only fixed 20 bugs and a few enhancements please tell us if this is the last upgrade or are they going to actually keep working to fix at least the known bugs and maybe a few enhancements we've asked for? We have spent months reporting bugs and feature flaws that still need to be addressed. It would be disappointing to think our concernswent unnoticed. And that were stuck with all the bugs that the phone still has.

14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Will, Sarah,

I doubt it is the last update, but I have no formal information about it.  The Instinct has proven to be a popular phone and if rumors are true, there's more versions of it coming.  With new versions should come additional software releases.  Again, no formal information, just reading the same rumor sites you all do.

Thanks for the comments! 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Master

Could you find out? You are our only link to the Dev team. If we have to wait for a new version of the Instinct to come out then that's pretty sad. A lot of the bugs were not addressed, And the ones that were were unknown to most of us. I don't remember ever reading about any one requesting the hard keys to blink for a missed text, A missed call Or VVM yes but not a missed text.

Edited to add;

Your post dated 11/18/2008 stated;

There may be one more software update planned for this phone - I don't have any further information about it.

You're post back then implied this was the last one, So we have no way of knowing which it is.

Message Edited by Levi4u on 02-16-2009 03:07 PM

Wizard

I will forward your question on the DEV team and will post any response I get.

Journeyman

I guess we should have Levi4u ask all of our questions here! You both respond, with "hopeful" answers at that! Let's all keep our fingers crossed, and thanks to both of you!

Journeyman

Thanks, Sarah. The changes the developers made, whilecertainly significant, do not go far enough. The real vexing day-to-day problems still remain. These problems are real defects in the phone and not enhancements as it seems they feel.

Someoneneeds to remindthem that there was a real hype for this phone back in June of last year. A great many of us responded to that hype by signingon fora 2 year commitment. Had we knownwe were signing a 2 year commitment and early adoptinga productwhich they were only committed to for 9 months, many of us would have chosen a different product.

The developers need to know they have a community here which will more than likely be ecstatic (is that a word?) with a few more changes. Their listening to us would definitely be a worthwhile investment with very significant "profit" to them. Having said that, it would show that they, like us, are committed to this product for the 2 years we are.

Thanks for sticking your neck out for us.

Sincerely, Tim

Journeyman

There is one more update in the works for sure. Possibly an additional one after that, but that depends on a few factors.

Highlighted
Journeyman

great news bdroad!

great news bdroad!

Master

@bdroad wrote:
There is one more update in the works for sure. Possibly an additional one after that, but that depends on a few factors.

Is that "Official" or a rumor? What factors would that be?

Would it be possible to have a live chat with the Dev team?

Will has stated many times that the Dev team monitors this forum, If that is true why have all the request that have been mentioned since the release of the phone gone ignored? Are there any of these going to be addressed in any future upgrades?

A side note, To some it appears we have been complaining when in reality we are just passionate in seeing this phone brought up to what Sprint meant it to be and any or all the request that have been made would only make this phone a better product and would actually help sell more phones.

Journeyman

I don't work for Sprint so they have the final word on what gets pushed to production. But theres no doubt that user posts on legitimate bugs help in making a better product. Also, I don't believe they ignore bugs or complaints. There are a lot of factors when updates go out on what gets fixed or not. End-users only see so much, ya know. A lot of work gets put into supporting just the sheer volume of growth, which takes priority over a bug a user might run into, because obviously keeping the service up and running is much more important. But end users dont see stuff like that. But I can tell you that everything gets prioritized, if it hasnt been fixed yet, that just means much bigger issues are currently being worked. Nothing just gets ignored. 😃

Journeyman

Levi basically said what all of us are thinking post MR5. Most enhancement requests were ignored. I honestly think the bugs fixed were those which dev. found while THEY tested this phone & not from us

Master

None of the "Bugs" addressed were reported by anyone on this forum, If you do a search you'll find no reports of issues with the things fixed in MR-5. Andnone ofthe "Bug Reports" we made were addressed. Let alone any feature request. All the time/money reworking the stock browserwas a waste IMHO, It would've probably been cheaper/easier to pay off Obigo and add Opera as the newdefault browser. And spend the time/money working on all the legiment bugs.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat