Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will or Sarah Are there any unresloved issues for the INSTINCT ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will or Sarah Are there any unresloved issues for the INSTINCT ?

Is spint working on any open issues and planning another update or was MR-4 the last one for now ??

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will or Sarah Are there any unresolved issues for the INSTINCT ?

They better not be done. Sprint (wanna be) TV needs to get worked on, I'm not asking it to be perfect but it needs some work. MUSIC apps needs a volume increase. The screen needs to be able to shut off when you're on a call, not just customer service.

Message Edited by LP007 on 11-22-2008 09:04 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will or Sarah Are there any unresloved issues for the INSTINCT ?

i still haven't seen any change for voice nav/radio/and TV being able to play over the stereo bluetooth profile, i'd think this would be a higher priority fix as it would probably increase revenue in radio subscriptions and would be a bit more of a hazard for drivers who have to keep looking at their screens all the time.

i love the sprint radio and pandora programs and would probably subscribe to them but i spend 90% of my time playing my music in my truck and not being able to play it over my in car bluetooth system makes it useless. anyone else curious about this as well?

Will do you have any info or input on this that we might have missed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will or Sarah ??

Highlighted
Journeyman

haha Sprint ( wannabe TV ) ok go get live TV with another...

haha Sprint ( wannabe TV ) ok go get live TV with another carrier that's any better.. Oh wait.. You can't

Highlighted
Wizard

As far as application updates go, this was posted as part of the MR-4 release notes:

"Individual application upgrades for the MR4 period are expected to go live the week of 11/21, with Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar scheduled for early December (all dates are estimates and are subject to change with no notice). Exact go-live dates depend on application vendor. "

I don't have anything to post regarding another Maintenance Release at this time. Either way, I will post what I find out as soon as it is shared with me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sarah - can you find out if the Instinct will ever support more than the basic English characters?

Would also like to see animated gifs.

Volume increase for GPS and Music Player definitely needs to be addressed.

I can honestly say I haven't seen anything crash since MR4 other than TV. So EITHER FIX TV, OR JUST REMOVE IT!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont see any reason to remove TV from the phone. If YOU dont like, dont use it.

Also, are animated gifs really that high on your priorty?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This message may be deleted...

I just called tech support. Just because I was bored! lol! I know, I know...they don't help, but they did tell me that Sprint TV will be fixed with MR-5 due out mid-end of December. The tech said that's just an estimate and it could very well be out before then! Wow...my exact words to him were, "yeah right. Maybe mid-end of February"

We'll see what happens...

Highlighted
Master

@SarahKS wrote:

As far as application updates go, this was posted as part of the MR-4 release notes:

"Individual application upgrades for the MR4 period are expected to go live the week of 11/21, with Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar scheduled for early December (all dates are estimates and are subject to change with no notice). Exact go-live dates depend on application vendor. "

I don't have anything to post regarding another Maintenance Release at this time. Either way, I will post what I find out as soon as it is shared with me.

As far as Individual Application Upgrades go, Besides the Sprint Mobile Email on 12/4 Are there any we should expect before then?? MUSIC PLAYER? NAV? TV? NEWS VIDEOS?

Message Edited by Levi4u on 11-24-2008 04:12 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lint28 wrote:

I dont see any reason to remove TV from the phone. If YOU dont like, dont use it.

Also, are animated gifs really that high on your priorty?

Because TV is absolutely horrible - without doing the MMG 'hack' it is completely unwatchable. Maybe I have higher viewing standards than you, but given the way TV is (when and if it loads) it's a completely miserable viewing experience. I do not know one person who has an Instinct that is happy with the TV app... especially when you side by side compare it with other phones at the Sprint store. The Diamond is a night and day difference. You can actually have a pleasant TV viewing experience with the Diamond, but the TV is horrible.

As for animated gif's... that's pretty much a web standard. I've yet to see animated radar for weather on my phone, although there are one or two people who claims it works, but I haven't seen it in the default browser. Heck, it can't even handle gif transparency correctly. You can tell that by looking at the boxes around the smilie faces when you view this forum on your phone. So yes, I would like to see my smilie faces move and I would love to see animated radar. what's the point of having WEATHER RADAR if you cannot see movement? OOOH there's a big storm, but uh, which way is it going??? Who knows, unless you update every 15 minutes.

Message Edited by MikeLee on 11-24-2008 06:50 PM
HEY MIKE! Perhaps I should just start submitting all my posts to you so you can proof read, edit and post for me. You seem to love to edit and delete my posts... plus move topics all over the place.
Message Edited by akipika on 11-25-2008 10:35 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sarah , I know about the outside vendor updates, I was just asking about updates for the Instinct itself.

are there any plans for presumptive texting ? a better spell check(example ) i type a word starting with"w"

and spell check gives me suggestions with some other letter. An instant messanger would be GREAT , one that you dont

have to refresh the screen to see the IM's.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat