cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the August updates patch all applications at once, or will we need to open each one?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the August updates patch all applications at once, or will we need to open each one?

Will the application updates scheduled for early August update all applications at the same time through a single OTA update, or will each application need to be opened individually to allow the update for that specific application to be downloaded and installed? This happened to me after opening Visual Voicemail and several other applications for the first time after I purchased and activated the phone.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Will the August updates patch all applications at once, or will we need to open each one?

The august update is to include quite a few fixes/enhancements for different apps in a single ota from what I've heard.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Will the August updates patch all applications at once, or will we need to open each one?

As you open each application that has an update, the Instinct will prompt you to update that application.  For example, you launch Sprint TV and get prompted and accept the download, then Sprint TV launches…….I launch News and get prompted and accept the download, the News launches.

It will not be a single monolithic update for all applications. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

@wengla02 wrote:

As you open each application that has an update, the Instinct will prompt you to update that application. For example, you launch Sprint TV and get prompted and accept the download, then Sprint TV launches.I launch News and get prompted and accept the download, the News launches.

It will not be a single monolithic update for all applications.

Awesome. Are you able to tell us if the web browser will be getting an update in the August patch? Many people are experiencing the browser crashing whenever a page is loaded.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Yes, the browser will be updated at least once in August, if not twice.  Not sure on the second update - it's still in the works and I can't say any more about that.

But the planned update will  provide a "More robust and user friendly access to Yahoo, Hotmail, Best Buy, YouTube, etc".

Robust == less crashes.  (we hope!) 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Patron

@wengla02 wrote:

Yes, the browser will be updated at least once in August, if not twice. Not sure on the second update - it's still in the works and I can't say any more about that.

But the planned update will provide a "More robust and user friendly access to Yahoo, Hotmail, Best Buy, YouTube, etc".

Robust == less crashes. (we hope!)

Thank you VERY much for the info. Was nervous that no one at sprint was aware of the issue of the browser crashing and it'd go by unnoticed come the next update.

Once again, thanks. Now, here's to hoping Opera Mini compatibility will go into the next patch and not the one after .</p>

Journeyman

wengla02, are there any plans to update the music player? i kept getting the exceed song limit error and i have no more than 150 songs on my instinct n i have an 8gb sd card. i tired everything and all my songs are in mp3 format and i also tried using sprint media manager. i really hope they fix these because i love music and i dont have an mp3 player.

Journeyman

As I recall from a thread elsewhere, this has nothing to do with the max songs so much as the encoding of a file (some files). It appeared that the default encoding done by the Media Manager app may cause problems. You can change the encoding so as to re-generate the audio file and that should resolve your problem. However, it may be best to start with a clean slate(meaning wipe out whatever music you have already transferred to the Instinct). Otherwise, it may be too much of a pain to try to figure out which one(s) are causing you the problem.

Journeyman

I also hope the planned browser update will correct the c...

I also hope the planned browser update will correct the crashes I'm getting when trying to access Friend Feed 2 Go (ff2g).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat