cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Email Issues

Journeyman

Work Email Issues

Is anyone else have Work Email issues?

When I try to refresh my work email, I get an error saying I need to refresh all data in my email settings (S7802)

So I go to the email settings and tocuh "Refresh all data." It works for my gmail, and then asks for my work email password. I enter that and get the same message again. I haven't been able to get new mail since April 21. Anyone else having this issue.

I'm trying to rely on this phone for work email/calendar alerts, and it's just not working. Is there a fix coming?

I love my Instinct, for the most part, but I really need this part of it to work correctly and reliably. If it's not fixed by August... I'm switching to a Palm Pre (it's it available by then).

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Work Email Issues

Same here...I don't know what that's all about. It will tell me the client needs to refresh all its inboxes or something like that.

Anyways, half the time, I just go into my work email, hit refresh and force it to ask me the password since it does most of the time. BUT, once you enter your password and the inbox appears to have refreshed, I have found I still have to hit refresh again to actually do so! I have done this countless times (hitting refresh a second time) to find emails after the second refresh hit.

Journeyman

Having an issue thi morning as well. Desktop connector cannot find server popup on computer.

Journeyman

Having problems here, too. I had the original Instinct and found the workaround to get desktop connector to get my calendar & email functions - it worked fine. But I decided to upgrade to the newest Instinct, and now my desktop connector keeps saying it can't connect to the server. I have tried Outlook Exchange Server and Pop3, but neither works. Besides, Pop3 won't allow calendar syncing. I have several different email addresses and have tried them all. I have also inadvertently created about 6 different desktop connector accounts, and I can't seem to find a way to delete any of them. I can set up an email account on my phone, but I really need the calendar sync.

Journeyman

Update: problem is cleared up, at least for myself. Desktop connector now working normally.

Journeyman

Mine is still hosed. I get this message....

Notice:

Unable to find the requested item on the server. (S7816)

Patron

@suitcasejohnny wrote:

Is anyone else have Work Email issues?

When I try to refresh my work email, I get an error saying I need to refresh all data in my email settings (S7802)

So I go to the email settings and tocuh "Refresh all data." It works for my gmail, and then asks for my work email password. I enter that and get the same message again. I haven't been able to get new mail since April 21. Anyone else having this issue.

I'm trying to rely on this phone for work email/calendar alerts, and it's just not working. Is there a fix coming?

I love my Instinct, for the most part, but I really need this part of it to work correctly and reliably. If it's not fixed by August... I'm switching to a Palm Pre (it's it available by then).

They cannot get the issue resolved. I've had this issue since the MR5 update and I even opened a ticket with a Sprint tech. It boiled down to "we cannot solve your issue." I have to input my password on a daily basis about three or four times a day. Then miraculously (sp?) my work email will work fine and be pushed as it's supposed to for about 3 hours. Then it's back to crap again. Just keep resetting the app is the only fix you will EVER have for this.

Journeyman

Yeah, I kind of had that feeling. I've had the problem since shortly after the last upgrade as well. Very annoying. I guess I'm getting a PalmPre in August! heheh

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat