cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

also why dont we have aim or yahoo IM..... we pay for a phone that has everything eles expect that.

also why dont we have aim or yahoo IM..... we pay for a phone that has everything eles expect that.

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: also why dont we have aim or yahoo IM.

I Agree with you!

What the hell Im going to return the phone within 2 weeks if I dont have AIM or MSN on it.

My friggen A900 had AIM!

Journeyman

Im not sure what's wrong with your phones but I get AIM Y...

Im not sure what's wrong with your phones but I get AIM Yahoo IM on my phone Check your setting

Patron

Re: also why dont we have aim or yahoo IM.....

I didnt even think it was possible to get IM on the Instinct. Is it something new for apps or is it just through the AIM or Yahoo IM sites using the browser? Honestly I would rather have them fix the current issues first then start adding some apps. No sense in complicating things further.

Journeyman

I didnt see any apps for the IM's on my instinct so i jus...

I didnt see any apps for the IM's on my instinct so i just went to the Yahoo and hotmail sites and saved the messenger log in page to my bookmarks...its not the real time IM option but atleast its IM for the time being : )

Patron

Wait till it gets developed

I would rather have a phone that has turn-by-turn navigation than IM, I would also rather have TV than a face book app. I know we want all these things, but I think Sprint made the right choices of applications for the Instinct. Wait for a 3rd party developer to make what you want or get another phone if you don't like what you current phone is offering you.

Journeyman

Re: Wait till it gets developed

Canadian version of Samsung Instinct seems to have Windows live messenger. See here.

Patron

Re: Wait till it gets developed

Nice. It also shows a You Tube button and Facebook as well. Hopefully Sprint decides to add those in as well. Not sure why they would leave something like IM off the phone for the release. Im pretty sure that its eachservice providerschoice. I guess the Canadian providers know there customer base better.

Journeyman

To get real time IM's need to check your setting on the p...

To get real time IM's need to check your setting on the phone and your e-mail accounts. There mobil setting in all e-mail accounts. You can check it by Im yourself . I have 3 Instincts and they all work just fine.

Journeyman

Re: also why dont we have aim or yahoo IM..... we pay for a phone that has everything eles expect

At this time there are no applications to do common IM chat’s such as AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, GTalk You can go to: http://m.ebuddy.com/ - It is 3rd party and not supported, but should suffice for those needing these services. 

This is a web based version of these chat clients.

Journeyman

l was planning on getting the phone today, but l didn't k...

l was planning on getting the phone today, but l didn't know that it didn't support AIM, so now l'm not quite sure.

Wizard

Re: l was planning on getting the phone today, but l didn't k...

@Frickles7 wrote:
l was planning on getting the phone today, but l didn't know that it didn't support AIM, so now l'm not quite sure.

The phone "technically" does not support it, HOWEVER there are 3rd party applications that do run (and quite well) AIM, gchat, etc. One application is called Palringo. The reason I say "technically" because it is not offered automatically on the phone and it will not run in the background of other apps (ie can't go surf the web while you wait for someone to respond, you can listen to music though).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat