cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing plans for the instinct.

Journeyman

changing plans for the instinct.

do i have to change my plan to the simply everythin plan?? i have the unlimited text and unlimited vision pack i have the free mobile to mobile and i have weekends starting at 7. So DO I REALLY HAVE TO CHANGE MY PLAN TO USE THIS PHONE?

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: changing plans for the instinct.

yes they force you to change in order to activate

Journeyman

thats not wat the ceo said.

I definitely understand your concerns, because you and I are very similar. I have a phone addiction too. To clarify with you, when you read the information on the new Samsung Instinct phone it is possible for you to misconceive the information because I did myself. The way the information was put together on the Instinct phone, makes it seem like you do have to have the Simply Everything plan, but you don?t. It?s just our way of advertising the Simply Everything plan and because of all the features the phone has to offer it would be best for our customers who decide to purchase the Instinct phone to get one of the simply everything plans. This would ensure that they didn?t have to worry about over charges. So because you are one of the fortunate customers who have unlimited text and internet, (which is very similar to some our SimplyEverything plans) you do not have to change you plan to one of our Simply Everything plans. I hope this email has stopped your dreams from being crushed. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business. Please feel free to use dan@sprint.com whenever you have any other questions or comments. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
Mario
dan@sprint.com
Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I changed my plan as soon as i could to a standard plan with unlimited internet. i only pay less than $120 a months for two phones.

Master

About plans for the Samsung Instinct
We're glad you're interested in our new Instinct. Here's what you need to know about available plans:
Before you buy or upgrade
To take full advantage of the Instinct's expansive features, you'll need an innovative approach to service. That's why we're only offering the Instinct with a Simply Everything TM, Everything Data, Simply Everything Family or Everything Data Family plans, which include domestic voice, e-mail, texting, GPS navigation and more.

Journeyman

Yeah, well those letters and such look just dandy, however June 19th I was told I had to switch my plan to the s.e.p. even after arguing I already have a plan that meets my needs... Lucky you

Journeyman

The instinct can only be used on either the simply everything plan or the everything data share plan. This is due to the large amount of data this phones uses to function. This is to protect our customers from incurring large charges for using data on a plan that does not include this feature. If you have any further issues or concerns please feel free to send me a message. I will be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Journeyman

@smiley123 wrote:

thats not wat the ceo said.

I definitely understand your concerns, because you and I are very similar. I have a phone addiction too. To clarify with you, when you read the information on the new Samsung Instinct phone it is possible for you to misconceive the information because I did myself. The way the information was put together on the Instinct phone, makes it seem like you do have to have the Simply Everything plan, but you don?t. It?s just our way of advertising the Simply Everything plan and because of all the features the phone has to offer it would be best for our customers who decide to purchase the Instinct phone to get one of the simply everything plans. This would ensure that they didn?t have to worry about over charges. So because you are one of the fortunate customers who have unlimited text and internet, (which is very similar to some our SimplyEverything plans) you do not have to change you plan to one of our Simply Everything plans. I hope this email has stopped your dreams from being crushed. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business. Please feel free to use dan@sprint.com whenever you have any other questions or comments. Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
Mario
dan@sprint.com
Sprint

This person does not know what he is talking about. You ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have either the SEP or Family Share plan, PERIOD. This is one of the easiest concepts to grasp concerning this phone, and yet there are people working at Sprint that still pass out false information.

18 months to go!

Journeyman

You don't have to have a Simply Everything Plan. You can do an Everything Data 450 or Everything Data 900 plan on the Instinct as well. The great thing about these latter 2 plans is that they allow you to apply your corporate discount, while the Simply Everything Plan does not allow corp. discounts to be applied.

Journeyman

Mark, are those plans new? Or has Sprint's policy changed?

When the Instinct was first released, the only plans available for it were the SEP and Family Share Plan. Even if the salesperson tried to sign someone up for something different, the computer would kick back the order.

Journeyman

Greggo, yeah as far as I know, these options have always been available. I got my Instinct in July, and when the woman on the phone was trying to sell me the phone, I said I didn't want to give up my corp discount. That's when she told me about the other 2 plans.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 02-04-2009 01:06 PM

Master

@sweet greggo wrote:

Mark, are those plans new? Or has Sprint's policy changed?

When the Instinct was first released, the only plans available for it were the SEP and Family Share Plan. Even if the salesperson tried to sign someone up for something different, the computer would kick back the order.

Not new, Iv'e had the everything data 450 since back in june when I bought the Instinct. Per my post above the plans for the Instinct are;

Simply Everything,

Everything Data,

Simply Everything Family or

Everything Data Family plans

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat