cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloads

Highlighted
Journeyman

downloads

I have downloaded screensavers and ringtones but i dont know where or how to acess them to use in my phone.  I have a samsung instict that i have just purchased.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: downloads

You have to connect the Phone  via the USB cable  to the PC> if you want to do direct transfers.

1. When you connect the phone to your PC Your pc should find the phone...and install the correct drivers..then

2. when you open my computer..you should see it there..or under windows explorer..you should see your phone as a drive...copy and paste from the pc to the phone drive folder

The problem I am having is ...my pc (win xp) with all updates.... when I connect the instinct HD m850, the pc sees it..says samsung dcma technologies....but can not find the driver..so says..device not installed.( I tried so many times..auto, manual..different folders, etc..NADA) I know its a driver problem

at sprint.com..there are drivers for the instinct s30 but not for the HD m850

called CS and they could not help me

they are supposed to return the call tomorrow...guess they are doing research but NO GO SO FAR

Next try...take the micro sd card out the phone, somehow ( if I can find my card reader( connect it to the pc and transfer that way..making sure one copies to the correct folder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT FOLLOWS ARE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change ringtones follow the steps below:

1. From the Home menu screen  touch the Main menu tab, located at the bottom
   2. Touch Settings
   3. Touch Ringers
   4. Touch the current Voice Calls Ringer
   5. Scroll through the Ringers then touch to play a Ringer
   6. Touch the desired Ringer name to save it as the Voice Calls Ringer
   7. Press the Home functions key  to return to the Home menu screen
======================================================
FAQ: How to Transfer MP3 Files to Sprint Samsung SPH-M850 (Instinct HD) from Computer?

To transfer (via a memory card) MP3 files, from a PC, to the handset

1. Insert a formatted microSD memory card into the memory card adaptor
   2. Insert the memory card adaptor into the memory card reader
   3. Connect the memory card reader to the PC’s USB port
   4. Open Windows Explorer on the PC
   5. Create a folder on the memory card named Music, if needed
   6. Copy desired MP3 files from the PC hard drive
   7. Paste the MP3 files into the memory card Music folder
   8. Remove the microSD memory card from the memory card adaptor
   9. Remove the battery cover and battery from the handset
  10. Insert the microSD memory card, gold contacts down, into the memory card slot

11. Replace the battery and cover

WARNING: Do NOT disconnect the USB cable from the PC or handset during file transfer as this may cause damage to the handset or PC

Note: The handset includes support for Digital Rights Management (DRM) which allows you to play or view some purchased or subscription content. These copyright protections may prevent some images, videos, music (including ringtones) and other content from being played, copied, modified, transferred or forwarded.
================================================

How to Transfer MP3 Files to Sprint Samsung SPH-M850 (Instinct HD) from Computer via Memory Card?

FAQ: How to Transfer MP3 Files to Sprint Samsung SPH-M850 (Instinct HD) from Computer via Mass Storage & USB Cable?

Note:Transferring files requires a direct USB connection between a PC and the handset in addition to a microSD memory card.

WARNING: Do NOT disconnect the USB cable from the PC or handset during file transfer as this may cause damage to the handset or PC

To transfer MP3 files using the PC Connection feature follow the steps below:

1. Remove the battery cover and battery from the handset
   2. Insert the microSD memory card, gold contacts down, into the memory card slot

3. Replace the battery and cover
   4. Connect the USB cable to a USB port on the PC
   5. Insert the remaining end of the USB cable into the handset Accessories/Power Cable connector

6. Touch Connect to PC
   7. When the handset has established an active connection to the PC, the handset LCD will display “Connected to Computer”
   8. If necessary, complete the “Found New Hardware” wizard on the PC (The PC will display “New Device Detected” and a new drive letter will be assigned for the handset)
   9. Browse to the MP3 file(s) location on the PC & copy the file(s)
  10. Open the new drive letter for the handset’s memory card, using Windows Explorer
  11. Paste the MP3 file(s) into the memory card’s Music folder
  12. When you have copied & pasted all desired content disconnect the USB cable from both the PC & handset

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat