cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I turn off low battary beeping?

Journeyman

how can I turn off low battary beeping?

It is important to know that the battary is low but it is very annoying to hear the beeping every few seconds especially when on a call.

Is there a way to turn off the beeping due to low battary?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: how can I turn off low battary beeping?

What's even more annoying is that the beeping starts way to soon. I've been on a call for 20 minutes after the beeping started! In my experience with other phones you have around 2-5 minutes of talk time left when the phone starts beeping.

Journeyman

there is no way to turn off that beeping, many of have tried when the phone first came out. sprint refuses to acknowledge any of of our issues including this minor one.

what's ironic is that the beeping actually drains your battery even faster.

Journeyman

You can try charging the battery

Journeyman

I have noticed with my phone that it will beep and then go into low power mood. Which will allow the phone to work for about 12 more hours before completely dead. It is not able to do many things when in low power mood but it will still beep when it gets to about 3 hours left of standby time.

Journeyman

@Sphinx wrote:
You can try charging the battery
agreed for once, lol...would be a good idea to keep your spare handy, or buy another battery.

Journeyman

There's a low battery beep? Really? Not trying to be funny, but mine doesn't beep. Not that I care, I can see it would be annoying, it's just rather odd that I don't have it. Yet another bug that only strikes some phones I guess.

Journeyman

I was reading other forums on the internet as well and looks like many users find this low battery beeping annoying and are looking fora solution. fixing this problem will also last the battery a bit longer.

SPRINT - COULD YOU PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Journeyman

they won't. don't even bother asking. there's a change will or sarah will chime in with a prefab answer like "i forwarded this to the devs, i will keep you posted" (aka i did nothing and there are no devs)

Journeyman

Or from your dialer you could disable the powersave mode by typing in ##brew# then enter your msl, and under the red icon launch the camera with a double tap while in powersave mode already. beeping may stop

Message Edited by goygacon on 06-26-2009 08:19 AM

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat