Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how is it you go in the system and raise the headphone volume?

Journeyman

how is it you go in the system and raise the headphone volume?

i know i have seen how to do it but can not find it again... any help would be appreciated.

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Master

Re: how is it you go in the system and raise the headphone volume?

Enter test mode from dialer by entering:
47*869#1235

Enter code 078, these seem to bevolume settings:

PCS HAND SPK 000
PCS HEAD SPK 120
PCS AHFK SPK 000
PCS SPKR SPK 120
PCS BTEM SPK 040
CEL HAND SPK 000
CEL HEAD SPK 120
CEL AHFK SPK 000
CEL SPKR SPK 120
CEL BTERM SPK 040

AHFK stands for Auto Hands Free Kit
Increasing it could potentially increase headphone volume.

The range on these values is 0 to 120

Volume up/down to move from one volume setting to the next, then type-in the new value and the Done button. Press # then 002 to get out.

I have all mine set at 120, Had done it back in the beginning of august and have had no issues with changing them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what is it set at by default? by making that change does...

what is it set at by default? by making that change does it make that big of a difference?

Highlighted
Master

Re: what is it set at by default? by making that change does...

@athreet wrote:
what is it set at by default? by making that change does it make that big of a difference?

The defaults are what I posted above. Changing it does make a difference, A huge difference? No, but a difference none the less. On the Bluetooth one, Yes, a huge difference can be noticed. You can test it yourself and change it back if you choose.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much Levi4u !! i just cranked all of them up. n...

Thanks so much Levi4u !! i just cranked all of them up. no problems at all. i think i can tell a little bit of a difference on the headphones, my s9's are dead at the moment so cant try the blue tooth yet but im sure i will be able to tell a difference if ya say so. the handset speaker seems quite a bit louder to. i was pleased with the volume on the bluetooth but my s9's wont hold charge for more than 45 mins now so got a good pair of wired phones for my long runs. can not wait till short tun and get to really jam out now with the s9's. im rambling so big thanks again for the detailed help!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

why does the media player play louder only when your in t...

why does the media player play louder only when your in test mode then you put in the #oo2 it restarts then volume back to normal thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Levi4u...thank you.....thank you....thank you. I did your trick and noticed a big difference. Now i don't have to hear other peoples conversations next to me on the train while listening to my music. You have no idea how annoying that was.

Highlighted
Journeyman

These instructions worked great for me, as well. However, the only volume I could not get to increase was the "Say A Command" lady on the voice command. This seems to be tied to the ringer volume level and it is still way too low when the ringer is on vibrate only. Any suggestions for this, apart from downloading the free "Silent Ringer" and then setting the ringer volumeto '8' all the time?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, Levi! I changed the volume levels to your specs and it helped a lot! I noticed my bluetooth headset is a little louder too. Had to turn it down on a couple calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Levi4u...flawless instructions, seems louder overall.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi there Levi...I did as stated in the instructions and it works great! er..too great, now the other line is *too* loud when I'm talking directly through the phone.

So I know what to adjust...what is the difference between PCS and CEL? Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can i get the ringer to go thru my headset/ blutooth...

How can i get the ringer to go thru my headset/ blutooth rather than just getting a beep in my ear when I receive a call? I have gone in & raised the volume settings as you suggested, but I still can not hear the ringers when my phone is in it's case, which is most of the time. I'd like to be able to hear the ringer thru my bluetooth headset like I did with my previous phone ( MotoQ) TIA for your help.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat