cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have lost all my photos in my phone.

Journeyman

i have lost all my photos in my phone.

first i had camera 1, then camera 2 and then 3. Now all three are gone and 3 days later camera 1 came back empty. Also my saved pix icon is gone. when i go to "browse files" it's not even there. has anyone else had this problem? if so did you get it fixed? also my videos won't show up in the tv/video mode. wtf? am i the only one? some of those pix were important? Oh, and my card memory says it's there!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Patron

If you've got a PC, or access to one, you could always tr...

If you've got a PC, or access to one, you could always try to recover the photos on the Micro SD card by putting it in the SD card adapter that came with the phone., and inserting it in the card reader on the PC if it has one. As to why you can't access them from the phone itself, what do you mean by 'camera 1, camera 2, and camera 3? On my phone when I click on 'My Photos', I get 3 choices-'Camera', 'Saved', and 'From PC'. If your videos are not showing up when you go to TV/Video and click on 'my videos', and you can't access your photos from the phone and/or you have no success by trying to access them from a PC card reader, it's possible either your MSD card is damaged, or they have somehow been erased from the card. Hope you're able to recover them.

Journeyman

thanks "da braddah" i'll try that. but, yes, my...

thanks "da braddah" i'll try that. but, yes, my phone, once i get alot of photos in it, goes to camera 2 and camera 1 goes into the "browse file" section. when that one fills camera3 shows up. and i use to have the "saved" icon too, but now that's even gone. am i the only one?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, i hooked it up to my pc and saw photos that don't sho...

ok, i hooked it up to my pc and saw photos that don't show up on my phone (only a few) but all the rest are not there.some of the photos are photos i just viewed from my e-mail but didn't save and not all the ones i viewed are there. but when i check my memory it reads as though they are there(taking up space) what gives?

Journeyman

I had that problem once too, its wierd, just acess memory...

I had that problem once too, its wierd, just acess memory card from PC and rename DCIM folder to DCIM1 or something else. Plug card back into phone, the phone will make a new DCIM folder with camera and saved, then just copy photos from your renamed folder to your new one and it will work just fine

Journeyman

Re: I had that problem once too, its wierd, just acess memory...

This happened to me as well.. TWICE. The first time, I got suddenly an error saying that my music files were corrupted and would be removed from the playlist. There was no real way to ignore this error but I hit cancel. The next thing I knew, all my music files were gone. I tried to recopy the music files from my computer to my phone...then "some" of the (previously lost) files being copied magically reappeared. I did not make an issue of it, was justglad to have my files back.

Yesterday I tried to play my music files and to my surprise...all my music files....and pic files....are all gone!!! I hooked up to my computer...it said both folders were empty. I took a pic and saved it to my phone, now it's the only pic that shows up. I had a lot of pics and videos on the phone, now they are all gone. For such a high end phone I can't believe how many issues I'm having with it. I'll try the renaming DCIM suggestion and hope that works. I've been with sprint for over 10 yrs, but after this incident, I'm ready to go elsewhere. It's ridiculous!

Journeyman

That happened with me too. I lost all my pictures and music files. Whats funny is that when I check the size of my memory card from Main -> Settings -> General -> Memory Status. It still shows that my memory card is almost full.

Tried renaming the folder, didn't work. I can get all my music files back. But some of the pictures are all GONE !!

Any way to recover those files ?? Any work around ??

Thanks

Journeyman

i tried renaming the DCIM folder like mdmitchell13 suggested and i can see all my photos again. seems to have worked just fine.

Patron

Re: i have lost all my photos in my phone.

OMG That's exactly whats happening to my phone!! And the renaming thing didn't work at all!!! What do I do?!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat