cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone V. Instinct

Journeyman

iPhone V. Instinct

Ok i have a iPhone and the only thing i see that it cant do that the instinct can is record video other then that it has GPS used it on my trip florida turn by turn It has the voice commands weather to call people or look up something on net so i really think the sprint video's here are total BS And i wonder if sprint is like verizon and applies charges to things here and there like apps or software And everyone knows iPods are extremly popular and easy to use which my iPhone has but this instinct wont

Tags (3)
22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: iPhone V. Instinct

@johnbia wrote:
Ok i have a iPhone and the only thing i see that it cant do that the instinct can is record video other then that it has GPS used it on my trip florida turn by turn It has the voice commands weather to call people or look up something on net so i really think the sprint video's here are total BS And i wonder if sprint is like verizon and applies charges to things here and there like apps or software And everyone knows iPods are extremly popular and easy to use which my iPhone has but this instinct wont

Voice turn-by-turn? When did they add that? And how well does it work in the many places AT&T doesn't have data coverage?

I think the comparisons were done with what people had to put up with for the iphone's first year, though.

Journeyman

Journeyman

I just got the Instinct yesterday. Returning "the St...

I just got the Instinct yesterday. Returning "the Storm" today. The storm is much too slow for my taste, even with the OS update to the .75 version. It freezes a lot! Also, where I live, Imperial County, the service is horrible.

Journeyman

For those who aren't aware, the Blackberry Storm's carrie...

For those who aren't aware, the Blackberry Storm's carrier is AT&TSmiley Sad

Journeyman

Nothing like an informed user... Is this the zillionth note comparing these phones?! It's so tiring.

Journeyman

I did hear rumors of about a 50% return rate on the storm - does anyone have real numbers?

Journeyman

Actually, the Storm's carrier is Verizon

Actually, the Storm's carrier is Verizon

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's probably about the same return rate as the Instinct has. You buy the Instinct after seeing all the "iphone vs instinct" sprint ads only to find out it's got a crappy web browser, there's no instant messenger (come on, a 2008 flagship model that forces you onto an "everything" plan that doesn't even have instant messaging?!) and there's no app store.
If sprint wants to play fair, lets some

iPhone vs Instinct Web Browser battle! Wonder who will win?

iPhone vs Instinct Instant Messenger battle!
iPhone vs Instinct app store battle! How many apps and games does the iPhone have now? Thousands upon thousands many free.

And yeah the latest update gave us access to opera mini.. leave it up to a third party to give us a better web browser since sprint themselves can't support their own products. But even opera mini can't compare to Safari.

Journeyman

Change a battery in an iphone. Not.

Journeyman

@johnbia wrote:

Dumbest post ever. You probably don't own either phone, or at least you don't know much about them.

iPhone = sophisticated phone-like computer/multimedia device

Instinct = computer-like phone/decent multimedia device

no bluetooth, no true turn-by-turn GPS program available, no way to have spare battery ready for when the one on the phone pukes, etc., etc.

depends on what you place higher value as to which is better

Journeyman

Ok, let's try a third time... The iPhone does have Bluetooth, but it's not stereo bluetooth. The iPhone does have turn-by-turn directions but not voice directions such as the Instinct. In other words, if you're driving and have your Instinct giving your directions, you do not need to look at the map. The Instinct gives you voice directions with actual street names. Safe driving. Now, on the iPhone, if you use its turn-by-turn directions, you better have someone looking at the phone to see where the next turn is.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat