cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this how sprint handles everything? couple of things ive noticed so far...

Highlighted
Journeyman

is this how sprint handles everything? couple of things ive noticed so far...

by having features that just dont work and then ignoring the fact. one example the news videos. havent worked on mine since ive had my phone. seems all updates poorly researched. like they just send them out and never tested it once on an actual phone. example the one they just had for the calendar. it has taken more features away that worked for me than it added. if you complain about battery life etc. they just say turn off every feature on your phone that makes your phone nice. an apps store from sprint? seems like a joke now. apple has 10,000 apps who cares if there all useful or not. they still have choices. all we have for apps are a couple diehard guys trying there best apparently with no support from sprint. why stick with a company that keeps dropping the ball. guess what im saying is i wish i hadnt bought into the hype sprint was selling and jumped on the iphone bandwagon. i dont mind being different as long as different works.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: is this how sprint handles everything? couple of things ive noticed so far...

How long did it take from release date of the iPhone to the date the app store was launched? Here are some dates to consider.

iPhone launch date: 29 June 2007

App store launch date: 10 July 2008

Instinct launch date: 20 June 2008

App store launch date: TBD

It took Apple, a computer hardware and software company, over a year to launch an app store. Why do you expect Sprint, a cell phone company with no prior high end software exp to really speak of, to do it in less than six months?

No support from Sprint for devs? Did you forget about the app contest? Last I heard it was still in the legal department being worked on before announcement.

Highlighted
Master

Re: is this how sprint handles everything? couple of things ive noticed so far...

@artitumis wrote:

How long did it take from release date of the iPhone to the date the app store was launched? Here are some dates to consider.

It took Apple, a computer hardware and software company, over a year to launch an app store. Why do you expect Sprint, a cell phone company with no prior high end software exp to really speak of, to do it in less than six months?

No support from Sprint for devs? Did you forget about the app contest? Last I heard it was still in the legal department being worked on before announcement.

Sprint has an APP store, It is the Digital Lounge. Just no APPs for the Instinct. Besides games.They will not design a whole other APP store specificity for the Instinct.

As far as comparing it to Apple in how long it took for them is just plain dumb. The technology is there Sprint just decided not to use it.

As far as the APP contest, The OFFICIAL answer was that it was a bust and there will NEVER be a winner announced. Period.

Quote from Will ""We do not have a winner of the contest, and won't be releasing any further details. Sarah and I have been up and down the org chart and this is the final answer. Sorry folks.""

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just buy another phone already! I truly love this phone....

Just buy another phone already! I truly love this phone. Was a windows mobile guy for years...HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! This phone, now with the calendar upgrade, PDF viewing, etc...is 98% fantastic for me. Even the iPhone isn't 100%....so great job. They could make a bit better scenario out of syncing my contacts with outlook..but that isn't really bad at this juncture. I set up my favs...now with calendar...great, great phone. Love the darn thing. Great mobile, entertainment plus now work phone. Really. Love. This. Phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@artitumis wrote:

I'm not sure why any Instinct owner would care how long it took the iphone to get an app store. The fact is there is an app store for the iphone NOW. Phone technology was a lot different in June 2007 than it is now. Sprint is simply behind the times with their phones and apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@chadaccount wrote:

Sprint is simply behind the times with their phones and apps.

Arguably true. With the fast release of new phones these days, just about every company is behind. At least Sprint is not facing any law suits for its EV-DO speeds. AT&T and Apple are now facing their second law suit. Read here, if you're interested:

http://www.iphonealley.com/news/apple-atampt-hit-with-second-3g-speed-lawsuit

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love this phone, but with the new upgrades the only thi...

I love this phone, but with the new upgrades the only thing I see is them taking away functions I like. Like the vibration for the e-mail. I don't care about an app store. As far as I'm concerned if I wanted an iPhone I would have just bought one. But I do think that sprint needs to step up how they are treating this phone or they are going to be losing long time customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I love this phone, but with the new upgrades the only thi...

I love this phone, but I've noticed Sprint could care less about what you think.....It's true....

No apps.....Zero worth having ( minus what we got, nascar, nfl mobile )...even the petition to show a winner

for the app contest, shows how much Sprint cares....It's locked....no winner, end of story. Taking away the fact that people actually entered the contest

Two TV/Radio upgrades so far, and the TV still looks like some kindergardeners threw this app together for us, with hopes

of another upgrade coming soon...just to confirm they have no clue on how to fix it, or what there doing.When my 3 year oldsays "Daddy, the tv isbeing retarded again" yes, even little babies can tell...

Open Source?...don't get me started with this phoney dream we're all hoping for with the phone... I think it's locked with

our petition...Even the G1 had a patch to a glitch in the phone within 6 hours...we...well, we gotta wait for the Team...

Work E-mail/Calendar...finally a answer to the business aspect, and file viewer, nice.... now fix the e-mail vibrate alert and everybody will be happy....maybe a tutorial would help for those who can't get theirs working...

Energizer bunny rabbit....I could keep going and going...but it does me no justice because I like my laggy phone.

Hey, if I don't soft-reset this freggin thing at least once a day, I'd think you fixed something...When a third party browser

is better than the built-in one you hyped from the start...that sums up alot when viewing what people think about the phone...

We have to find better ourselves to be happy...some of us are stuck with our choice. Still waiting on Sprint...

Message Edited by goygacon on 12-07-2008 11:02 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat