cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it's 9/9!! when and how do we get our nav update??

Highlighted
Journeyman

it's 9/9!! when and how do we get our nav update??

Are we still supposed to get that nav update today? I remember innov8 saying there was one due September 9th. Does anyone know, how and at what time we're supposed to get it?

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: it's 9/9!! when and how do we get our nav update??

FYI

InnoV8 wrote:

Here's the official word from the Sprint Navigation product manager (me). The Navigation update for Instinct (2.1.0.23) is targeted for two weeks from today (September 9th). I don't expect to make everyone happy with the delay, but we caught a couple things in testing that needed to be fixed before we could roll it out. Outside of these fixes we've seen significant improvement in the application's performance, fewer timeouts, better/quicker GPS locations. We are also working to quickly resolve performance issues around the delivery of maps to the device which has been discussed in other threads, so expect improvement there too, although that's not technically tied to the update and may be implemented even sooner.

I can also pass along this information on the rumor that the new update will prevent Navigation from running in the background and that you'll have to restart if you get a phone call. It's not true. Period.

JC

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, where is the update? Maybe it is scheduled for later...

So, where is the update? Maybe it is scheduled for later today. Anyone know any current official information on today's scheduled update??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Innov8 has been way more informative and helpful on the Navigation issues than Sprint. Your best bet would probably be to send him a PM to see if he knows the status.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@akipika wrote:
Innov8 has been way more informative and helpful on the Navigation issues than Sprint. Your best bet would probably be to send him a PM to see if he knows the status.

Please don't do that. The only reason for a forum is not to have 100,000 peoeple asking the same question about the same problem - it is very unproductive. Do you realize that there are about 2 million Instinct users?

Highlighted
Journeyman

He will probably(hopefully) see this and respond.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@coorspate wrote:
He will probably(hopefully) see this and respond.

If past performance is any indication of future performance, give or take about 30 days for an answer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bump. no update yet? nothing from innov8 yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@joe1234 wrote:

@akipika wrote:

Please don't do that. The only reason for a forum is not to have 100,000 peoeple asking the same question about the same problem - it is very unproductive. Do you realize that there are about 2 million Instinct users?

Where did you get that 2 million number? I didn't think Sprint released how many Instincts were sold. I'm now on my 3rd one after it reset again when plugging into USB. And I know I am not alone in that area where people have had to swap out one Instinct for another, so I'm curious if that artificially inflates the numbers sold as since they have to replenish the stock.

I wasn't suggesting every single person on the forums PM Innov8... I was just suggesting that the OP who was looking for more info to contact him directly as it might be quicker and easier for him to simply email for a status update. God knows we won't get that from Sprint really.

Besides, I highly doubt there are more than 500 active users in this section of the forum, but it would be annoying to get an email from even 25% of them asking the same thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@akipika wrote:

@joe1234 wrote:

@akipika wrote:

Where did you get that 2 million number? I didn't think Sprint released how many Instincts were sold. I'm now on my 3rd one after it reset again when plugging into USB. And I know I am not alone in that area where people have had to swap out one Instinct for another, so I'm curious if that artificially inflates the numbers sold as since they have to replenish the stock.

I wasn't suggesting every single person on the forums PM Innov8... I was just suggesting that the OP who was looking for more info to contact him directly as it might be quicker and easier for him to simply email for a status update. God knows we won't get that from Sprint really.

Besides, I highly doubt there are more than 500 active users in this section of the forum, but it would be annoying to get an email from even 25% of them asking the same thing.

Yes, there is a small amount 500-2000 instinct registered users here. The 2+ million total Instinct users is pretty much in-line with the real numbers. I won't say now I know, but it's close to that in my opinon doing the math.

Message Edited by joe1234 on 09-09-2008 03:58 PM

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I've sent a note to InnoV8 about this thread - please remember, all Sprint employees who post here are doing so on their free time.  This is not their day-job.

Thanks,

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

As anyone receivied the nav update since yesterday?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat