cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its been 4 days and still no internet... will it ever work?

Highlighted
Patron

its been 4 days and still no internet... will it ever work?

I bought the instinct on Friday along with the simply everything plan, and i understand it takes up to 4 hours before the internet starts to work, but 4 days is ridiculous. Did anyone else have this problem? Help!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

im having problems with weather, music, movies ...also i...

im having problems with weather, music, movies ...also i cant install the install disk on my mac

Journeyman

I can have internet access, but it freezes and shuts off.

I can have internet access, but it freezes and shuts off.

Journeyman

Re: its been 4 days and still no internet... will it ever work?

i just picked up the instinct today (monday) and haven't had any problems - after bringing it home, tested everything out and it works great - internet and all.

Journeyman

Re: its been 4 days and still no internet... will it ever work?

@enmity87 wrote:
I bought the instinct on Friday along with the simply everything plan, and i understand it takes up to 4 hours before the internet starts to work, but 4 days is ridiculous. Did anyone else have this problem? Help!!!

I would definitely go back to the store and have them check it. Mine was working fine when I left the store. About 20 minutes later I tried the internet and logged on just fine.

Journeyman

Re: im having problems with weather, music, movies ...also i...

@mikeyt wrote:
im having problems with weather, music, movies ...also i cant install the install disk on my mac

And you won't install that disc on your Mac unless you boot it in Windows. If you read the requirements on the Instinct box, it says Windows XP and Vista only. There is no Mac support at all.

Journeyman

Guys, I was having the same issue with my Instinct as wel...

Guys, I was having the same issue with my Instinct as well, this is what you do..... Call sprint and ask for tech support, they will have you RESTORE your multimedia settings on yoour phone. Just like when you activated it, they will ahve you enter in a ## number and from there you will be able to RESTORE your settings. And no it doesn't erase any contacts of downloads you have. This is how I was able to get my phone up and running. P.S. It didn't take 4 hours as they say, the Technician had me test all funstions before I was off hte phone with him (i.e. Music, News, Sports, etc.......)

Journeyman

hey thanks...ill have to try this out...lots of problems...

hey thanks...ill have to try this out...lots of problems for the first week..but its only the first week...im sure software updates arent to far down the road.....

Patron

thanks for the info but i tried it all already, i call cu...

thanks for the info but i tried it all already, i call custormer care as if there was no tomorrow... they literally had me doing all sorts of stuff, i even did the master reset, where it deleted everything, and stll no internet... i like the phone, dont get me wrong, but i just wish that i wasnt going thru all this trouble for it to work. an fyi its day 5 with no internet...

Journeyman

take your phone back, sounds like you have a firmware iss...

take your phone back, sounds like you have a firmware issue, generally when they have you enetering codes that would normally fix this, ask for a swap and have them move your files for you via usb

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat