Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing the following parameters - mdn&nai message

Journeyman

missing the following parameters - mdn&nai message

I just started getting this error today.. missing the following parameters - mdn&nai message..when i go to any type of web service or to update. Does anyone know what this is and if I can fix it in any way. I have not had many problems with this phone up till now, guess i am one of the lucky ones, but i also dont use it for much(have a second line that I put my Mogul on with the PAM feature on it)so i use the Mogul for all my data needs..Lets be serious you can not use the Instict for much more than a phone period. So if anyone can help me fix this I would appreciate it, if notI'm just going to get rid of this thing and hopefully get a credit towards the Touch Pro when it comes out..which by the way is gonna blow this "IPhone Killer" out of the water..Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Check out the "home agent issue" post on this forum. You can usually get around the problem by changing your home agent. Also look in insticnt-samsung.com under general discussions for "error 7004, missing parameters" for the complete details on how to change your home agent.

Ray

Journeyman

I'm getting the same error, as well as "Verificaiton" needed for my e-mail. I searched the forum and found that in the past, this was caused by a web outage for on-demand services, and to basically be patient. Search the forum and you'll see specific posts regarding conversations users have had with customer service.

Journeyman

Thanks..I guess we will see

Journeyman

I noticed the error at about 5pm yesterday. As of 9:30 this morning it's still not working. Will???

Journeyman

I just left the phone alone and just checked it and it works now so i guess its just a glitch that fixes itself..

Journeyman

I started getting this error Saturday morning and it's now Mondayafternoon and I am still getting it. My email also needs verification and I can't get my email. It's been three days so I am wondering if it is something that fixes itself or if I need to call Sprint for help.

Journeyman

This is the same issue as this thread:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=22995

no answers, just threads

like a giant enigmatic sweater

Journeyman

The error is usually temporarry, but can last for days. Check out the "error 7004..." thread on the instinct-samsung.com forum for a complete fix. You can get around the problem by changing your primary home agent for a while.

The problems appears to be at the server end, not your phone. Changing your primary home agent will connect you to a different server. I have seen this fix the issue for several people.

Eventually the server you are connected to will either be rebooted or will fix itself if you want to wait. When it happened to me it took 4 days. I had switched my home agent, but switched back each day to check if the local IP would work.

Ray

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sent into dev; will follow up.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Sprint Product Ambassador

crane726 wrote:

I just started getting this error today.. missing the following parameters - mdn&nai message..when i go to any type of web service or to update. Does anyone know what this is and if I can fix it in any way. I have not had many problems with this phone up till now, guess i am one of the lucky ones, but i also dont use it for much(have a second line that I put my Mogul on with the PAM feature on it)so i use the Mogul for all my data needs..Lets be serious you can not use the Instict for much more than a phone period. So if anyone can help me fix this I would appreciate it, if not I'm just going to get rid of this thing and hopefully get a credit towards the Touch Pro when it comes out..which by the way is gonna blow this "IPhone Killer" out of the water..Thanks 

Crane -

Can you post an exact set of steps on how to dupliacate this?

Also what firmware and software revision you are using? (main - settings - general - phone information)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Phone Service: NYC Queens/Long Island area East coast

Firmware: SW: ES.M800 BH29

Software: Email : 6.9.1.283

Pocket Express: 1.1.5

Step by Step i power the phone on main screen > WEB APPS > Click on News (auto updates)

ERROR: This ondemand channel is missing the following parameters - mdn & nai. (click Ok)

Uncaught exception exiting application and crashes back to main screen

This same issue occurs when you try to click on the Weather APP and other ondemand apps

I hope any of this helps duplicate the issue

-DINO-

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat