cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no SMS history?

Highlighted
Journeyman

no SMS history?

Why does this thing delete my part of sms conversations older than a day? I want the entire conversation visible There isnt even an outbox or sent box. whats up with that. I hope this is addressed when the update comesout.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Journeyman

lock what you want saved

Highlighted
Journeyman

thats dumb,im not gonna go and lock every single reply, I text my *bleep* off, the conversations should save untill the box is full, then I delete what i DONT want. thats how it has always been in the past.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought my phone on June 29th and I haven't had a text deleted on me at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Instinct only hold the messages received. If you look back in your history you will see that any messages sent 2 days prior to today only hold the text received. You cannot see the text you sent. I'm not pleased with this at all because there are times when I have to remind individuals of what was stated in the text conversation and without the history I cannot prove any statements I made due to the only hold text sent today and the previous day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have texts in my history that I've sent back to the 3rd. . . . . It saves mine for at least a week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chad if you actually look at the messages saved. It's the text that was sent to you by the person. All of your replies are not there. Do you have a secret to keeping your replies after 2 days? If so, please share.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have any secrets. My texts are there along with the person I'm texting. . . . . . . both their replies and my texts are there for at least a week. I can see our full conversations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hmmmm I must have a defect in my phone then and I have not changed any texting settings that I know of.

Highlighted
Journeyman

me too I just have text's from people on everthing older thatn 2 days

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have the SAME problem as you...its not just your phone and i find it rather annoying because i to have to prove people said certain things lol its frustrating, i want the WHOLE conversation, not snippets. I miss my Treo that thing held EVERYTHING...it held all of my call history too...i had it for 2 years and it still has the first phone call i made in its history, i thought for sure this phone would be like it as well, but its one my biggest disappointments.

Highlighted
Patron

I still have history of my text messages from June 26th. It shows the text I received and the text I've sent.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat