Patron

once again sprint dev team sucks

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: once again sprint dev team sucks

nice contribution

Journeyman

Normally I would discourage this type of talk speak, but he does have a valid point.

Journeyman

discouraging...what do you guys expect..really?

Message Edited by goygacon on 02-15-2009 05:58 AM

Master

Screen Lock during a call, Blinking lights for missed calls and VVM, To name a couple. None of our concerns/suggestions were even considered.

Wizard

it really would have been nice to have those things as Levi pointed out. also the 200 CHARACTER LIMIT IN THE LCDUI KEYBOARD. Nothing has been addressed that we really wanted.

Journeyman

Edited....I said something nice...really, I did, even defended against this thread, but...

Why add to the browser?...I understand the concept, but why didn't anyone address the current issues with the browser...

Certificate alerts, Out of Memory on the simplest of forums, Back to "Blink Blink" speed dial page again....

Instinct-Samsung - the conversations text looked alittle blurred now...no matter the zoom ratio...

MSN - The damned picture changing on the homepage makes the double tap zoom, slide zoom, scrolling, almost impossible...

Yahoo - The email section showed email once ( after the update, I even checked it) and not since???? (all blacked out)

This is to name a few...I can keep going, but I would rather you guys from the development team to come here and discuss

with us what your plans are toimprove the browser...I know the enhancements, but I need the improvements...

I mean, do I need javascript on or off, do I need to turn the referrer off or on...Clearing cache, history ,doesn't matter...

And turning on Privacy open a whole new frustration experience......SLOWER...

When clearing browser history, cookies, privacy data,the whole thing, how is it, if I have last page visited set for the opening of the browser, it remembers that?...Shouldn't it have been erased too?

Speaking of remembers, it was mentioned passwords would be remembered, I can tell you after 6 batteries used so far, it doesn't

remember...

I browse standard mode, that's one reason I purchased the Instinct...

How about updating the " How to " videos on the phone's home recommended page...

What about speed? The first hour or so after the update, everything seemed faster, now....well now it just feels like you guys

didn't try to speed it up at all...It's not the signal strength, I have full bars...

Rss feeds in standard mode only, and only half of them work...

Please open a dialogue with us, we need to ask questions to the developers of the browser....

What future plans do you guys and gals have for improving the performance, the enhancements would be great with improved

performance...please don't say this is it...please...

Message Edited by goygacon on 02-15-2009 06:00 AM

Patron

Honestly, ive had the phone since june. considering the hardware parameters and development of the phone in the span of 6 months, I'm contend. Im not amazed but i am no longer disapointed either. I know ive posted things here out of frustration but Im giving kudos to the development team. Good job guys/gals. Could the phone have other options Im interested in? yes, but not every single piece of technology will comply with every persons needs. period. I like the native browser a lot now. THE WHAT IFS are irrelevant now. New phones are coming as technology continues to emerge. Dont like it? get out of the kitchen.

Wizard

yeah, I was a bit harsh. I do love this phone for all that it CAN do. and it works pretty reliably for me too. thanks dev team for the updates thus far, they really have helped it out.

Journeyman

so glad i got my iphone. anyone want to my my instinct?

so glad i got my iphone. anyone want to my my instinct?

Journeyman

buy

buy

Journeyman

I like my phone really well after the last couple of updates and the addition of IM.

Give me screen lock while on a call, the ability to save stuff from the web to my memory card, apps running in the background, esp. IM and Facebook-MySpace that alerts me in real time and the correct icons for favs and I think I'm totally happy.

I worry about the blinking lights for all alerts as I get email all night and my phone will just sit there blink and drink my battery I'm sure. I don't like to leave it plugged in all night...not sure why.

A couple of bonus things I'd like would be user chosen home button. When I click the home key I'd personally would like to go to the main screen rather than favs, or at least have the blue star indicator to the side of my main screen icons that I've moved to favs and a slider to unlock the phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat