cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

once again sprint dev team sucks

Journeyman

Re: so glad i got my iphone. anyone want to my my instinct?

@crash wrote:
so glad i got my iphone. anyone want to my my instinct?

Well you almost had me, until you said "BUY" on the next line.

Journeyman

Re: once again sprint dev team sucks

@jturnbow wrote:

I like my phone really well after the last couple of updates and the addition of IM.

Give me screen lock while on a call, the ability to save stuff from the web to my memory card, apps running in the background, esp. IM and Facebook-MySpace that alerts me in real time and the correct icons for favs and I think I'm totally happy.

I worry about the blinking lights for all alerts as I get email all night and my phone will just sit there blink and drink my battery I'm sure. I don't like to leave it plugged in all night...not sure why.

A couple of bonus things I'd like would be user chosen home button. When I click the home key I'd personally would like to go to the main screen rather than favs, or at least have the blue star indicator to the side of my main screen icons that I've moved to favs and a slider to unlock the phone.

Agree with pretty much this entire post. Here is my "CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S STILL NOT FIXED" list:

-Calculator ounce-to-pound conversion is wrong (How many times does it have to be pointed out, team?)

-Calculator temp conversion doesn't allow negative number input

-Screen can't be locked during a call (DUH, what the he!! were you guys thinking?)

-Can't text to a saved group (for cripes sake, I could do this on my first cell phone 7 years ago)

-Favorites screen doesn't use the correct icon for the app chosen, it always uses a general category icon, so you end up with a Faves screen full of gamepads. Same goes for TV channels, web bookmarks, etc. You always get the generic"TV" icon or "Book" iconon the Faves screen (just plain dumb)

Every single one of these problems seems like any easy fix, and would please the masses. I just don't get the ambivalence to the suggestions on this board.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 02-13-2009 11:00 PM

Patron

@MarkBugs wrote:

@jturnbow wrote:

I like my phone really well after the last couple of updates and the addition of IM.

Give me screen lock while on a call, the ability to save stuff from the web to my memory card, apps running in the background, esp. IM and Facebook-MySpace that alerts me in real time and the correct icons for favs and I think I'm totally happy.

I worry about the blinking lights for all alerts as I get email all night and my phone will just sit there blink and drink my battery I'm sure. I don't like to leave it plugged in all night...not sure why.

A couple of bonus things I'd like would be user chosen home button. When I click the home key I'd personally would like to go to the main screen rather than favs, or at least have the blue star indicator to the side of my main screen icons that I've moved to favs and a slider to unlock the phone.

Agree with pretty much this entire post. Here is my "CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S STILL NOT FIXED" list:

-Calculator ounce-to-pound conversion is wrong (How many times does it have to be pointed out, team?)

-Calculator temp conversion doesn't allow negative number input

-Screen can't be locked during a call (DUH, what the he!! were you guys thinking?)

-Can't text to a saved group (for cripes sake, I could do this on my first cell phone 7 years ago)

-Favorites screen doesn't use the correct icon for the app chosen, it always uses a general category icon, so you end up with a Faves screen full of gamepads. Same goes for TV channels, web bookmarks, etc. You always get the generic"TV" icon or "Book" iconon the Faves screen (just plain dumb)

Every single one of these problems seems like any easy fix, and would please the masses. I just don't get the ambivalence to the suggestions on this board.

Message Edited by MarkBugs on 02-13-2009 11:00 PM

Not only that, what angers the most is that all this stuff has been requested since the very beggining...7 months, and only ONE thing has been given, and it was the keyboard...do we have to wait 7 months more to get another update we wanted?

Journeyman

I was showing a friend my Instinct the other day, and was a little embarrassing to show them the Faves screen, because it looked like I have a bunch of Atari games on my phone. 6 little gamepad icons for my Opera Mini, Instant Messaging, etc. It just looks so stupid... I don't even want to show my phone off.

Patron

@MarkBugs wrote:
I was showing a friend my Instinct the other day, and was a little embarrassing to show them the Faves screen, because it looked like I have a bunch of Atari games on my phone. 6 little gamepad icons for my Opera Mini, Instant Messaging, etc. It just looks so stupid... I don't even want to show my phone off.

I was showing my Instinct to someone today, I felt embarrased when it froze...I'm like...if that happened to the salesman that sold it to me, I would not pick the phone...I'm even afraid to show the phone in fear of freezing it...you don't know how bad I felt..

Patron

well lets see anything work better hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its worse off now then before. to will or any other rep contact the dev team and just tell them to stop they suck and have no idea what they are doing, i hate this crap, 8 months now and not even a simple fix that any one has asked for. t9 or predictive text i mean really any basic $20 pre pay phone has that. to you dev team your # 1 in my book pray i never come across you.

wow oh wow we got a better zoom on a brewser that no one uses because it take 1 1/2 mins to load a page. or open a app or fav to fast and the phone locks up,

oh yeah and wow oh wow weeeeee blinking leds for a text like that will do anything and took all but 5 lines of code yeah i am on my 5th phone since getting this pos and all i want and others have said is fix the f ing text pad make bigger no lag at all with t9 or make a predictive text, the sprint emplyees say it has predictive but its a lie like all the rest. f this phone and the dev team.

Journeyman

agreed. i just want the simple/common sense stuff added on the phone. were really not asking too much but the dev team chooses to ignore it.either the dev team is low on staff or their bunch of noobs!

Journeyman

I think you are all a bunch of whiners! Sprint has delivered a great phone, and they have continued to support it through several updates. People on here will never be happy with what the development team has done. Look at the original iPhone. Apple has replaced that phone to address many shortcomings that the Instinct delivered on. Quit whining. If you are discontent, move on to another carrier. I have been with Sprint for 8 years, and I have never had a problem with them. I'm looking forward to the many great phones that are coming out this year. I can't wait to get my hands on a Palm Pre!

Journeyman

Quick to jump the group of people here wanting developers to work in alittle request, eh?

Shutting the screen off during a call has always been a complaint with most.

Fixing the Calculator conversion mis-read has always been a complaint..

The browser has always been a complaint...

The tv has always been a complaint...

Three way calling has always been a complaint...

We didn't request much, it was already on the phone...we asked for improvements...

And since the development team is intoenhancing the phone, these guys and galswant to know why the requested

improvements haven't been done or addressed...

Any enhancement without improvements can only cause bigger headaches to the existing problems...

It's like putting a new radio in a car that doesn't have an engine...

Notice I didn't mention the phone? As a phone, most don't have a complaint...placing and recieving calls is fine..

Journeyman

I just don't get where the crap so many of the pointless tickets came from and why they spent so much time fixing them, i.e. the airplane mode thing, browser not working right on "smoking gun" website

Journeyman

Do youever stop whinning?

Journeyman

Seriously, do you think anyone is impressed with what you have to say? The majority of people on this forum would like simple changes.

Message Edited by MikeLee on 02-18-2009 09:12 PM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat