Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pocket express not working

Journeyman

pocket express not working

I've been trying to use my pocket express for the last two hours and everytime I click on news or movies I get the loading icon and then the screen will scroll from right to left the white bar, like its about to pull it up, and then just goes back to the web tab. I checked on my fiance's instinct and her's works fine. I've tried a hard reset and even changing out the battery with another. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

my pocket express version is 1.2.20

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I had to use Opere Mini, but it worked for me. I tapped on the JAD link from this thread in Opera Mini. It upgraded the news app as well.

Thanks guys

Journeyman

The only downside to this temporary solution is either you don't upgrade causing the prompt to upgrade everytime you access pocket express, or you give in and upgrade only to watch it fail in a week or two, causing you to come back to the forums, find the threads, and do it all over again. It's Insanity. The vendor, who claims doesn't have pocket express on the Instinct, knows of the issues...Sprint knows of the issues, come on, we have Sprint reps on Every Instinct forum ( some cleverly changed their handle, lol ) and this needs to be acknowleged, fixed, or rolledback until a true fix for the failed launches is solved. Sorry for the rant, but I've done this 3 times already, so I'm not upgrading until this issue is solved...this is a true inconvience for other members and myself, just look at the many MANY repeated threads popping up by New People...

Journeyman

Goy, Agree with you whole heartedly. Lets just hope this time they actually FIX something in MR-6 part 2. If not, I just might have to create Celestial Being (Mobile Suit Gundam OO reference) and lead an armed intervention against Sprint for promoting conflict with the Samsung Instinct!! (File this under humor.) Peace.

Journeyman

err...make that 4 times...all I did this time was press the "tap to add" button and it failed loading pocket express at all after that. So, be content with an annoying " continue or upgrade " pop up for everything pocket express ( guess we can now add the "tap to add" button ) or upgrade and watch it fail again whenever it decides? Decisions Decisions... yeah, I had some false hopes...so I upgraded not long after my last post....silly me

Message Edited by goygacon on 07-06-2009 08:43 PM

Journeyman

Hey, THANKS A MiLLiOnfor posting the reply about Pocket Express!!  This is my first post (hi everybody!) - i was going to ask for help 'cuz my pocket express stopped working (there i was, thinking i'm the only one with this issue...'til i joined this forum!) i'm going to check out those links you posted soon as i finish this; keeping my fingers crossed for a fix! 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat