Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

popular sentiment

Journeyman

popular sentiment

I know a lot of you probably already saw this but therewas a question posed by engagdget "How would you change theSamsung Intstinct S30"that gathered the usual unfocused hatred,formulaic internet barbs, and at least one gem penned by one Cold Bitter Truth. ya'll might find it interesting. check it out here:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/30/how-would-you-change-samsungs-instinct-s30/

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

a true psychotic ranting lunatic, though most of his comments were true

Journeyman

Read my posting as subzerohitman721. I'm an instinct user and I've got plenty to say. Won't listen to us Sprint? Fine, we'll light up engadget and we won't allow anymore good paying customers to get screwed over. Word of mouth is very popular and its time to let the people know how we honestly feel.

Journeyman

@jogomez721 wrote:
we'll light up engadget and we won't allow anymore good paying customers to get screwed over.

Don't you think that's a bit stong. Sure everyone has the right to voice opinions. What happens if you are actually in the minority of Instinct owners. It's possible (OK might be a remote possibility) that most Instinct users are satisfied and and don't post rants on BAW or engadget or elsewhere. What gives YOU the right stop others from excercising thier rights and buying whatever they like even if it is crap. Isn't that the free market approach?

Just for the record I really like my instinct. Especially Nav, Live Search, Opera Mini, Snaptu and Email now that the OWA password issue seems to have gone away (for now).

Master

15. PAM without paying an additional 50 bucks.

?? They don't even offer PAM on the everything plans, So keep your $50 and do it for FREE sincethe Instinctalready does it.

All the corporate discounts Sprint offer's its premier customers don't apply to Simply Everything.

Again ?? You can getyour discount on all the SEP's except the $99 one, And it is discounted enough don't you think for unlimited everything.

Journeyman

What's truely sad about the s30 question proposedon engadget is it completely got thred-Jacked by a bunch of Foul Mouthed, Instinct hating, fools...

Nobody is forcing anyone to keep this dang phone, if you hate it so much, Smash It and Shut the **** up already!

Hell, I've got some free crappy flip phones you can have laying around the house....or does it make you feel better just to keep a phone that you hate so much, so you can bless us with your ignorance?

5-6 Instincts later for some people....How doesthat make sence other than they want to be miserable...

I don't think it matters if the Almighty Jesus Phone came out....these people will Never be happy...oh sure, at first....just wait though, sad story really

That thread is horrible...But I'm sure it gave the people at engadget a good laugh...

I mean, if your going to thread jack...why limit it to a phone you don't own? why not rant on a thread for aids or green peace and seehow much senceit makes to you then?

Looking for answers to a question, sifting through a bunch of Junk, and they're still going?...Pathetic

Message Edited by goygacon on 06-02-2009 03:29 PM

Wizard

I heard the Almight Jesus Phone will have screen lock during calls! couldn't resist! ha ha!

Journeyman

No, I think my comments were right on the mark. I've heard folks even those bashing that thread, say much worse about Sprint and the Instinct. The failure of customer service,failure toaddress dissatisfied customers, to prevent folks from getting corporate discounts when other similar competing plans offer this, and continuing to ignore customers deserves ever piece of condemnation. It would be fine if these failures were 2% or 10%. I think the numbers are much higher and Sprint continues to bleed customers. However, I'm not going to ruin my credit just to cancel my contract. However, I speak from my own and other Sprint users excercising my constitutional right to protest.

Journeyman

Sprint has brought this on themselves. In today's business climate they must be under tremendous pressure from several areas, e.g. Sprint's prolonged loss of subscribers; lingering issues surrounding the rocky merger between Sprint and Nextel; and today Sprint has a far smaller subscriber base than either Verizon or AT&T. As a result, Sprint's decision making capability is likely being undermined by the weight of these pressures.

It's relatively harder for Sprint to launch the most sought-after new devices, because manufacturer exclusivity contracts with Sprint limit exposure of the new product to a smaller universe of customers (compared with competitors). Perhaps in negotiations with Palm, Sprint agreed to move back the release date of the "Dash" from Q2 to Q3? Reportedly the Pre will be exclusive to Sprint only through the end of 2009.

What Sprint should have done with the Instinct line, assuming the Dash must launch in Q3:

1. Release the Instinct S30 at the same time as the Dash, in Q3.

2. Simultaneously retire the M800 model in Q3.

If Sprint had done this, there would be none of the confusion about what the future holds and people wouldn't be saying the new Instinct disappoints. All of the world's attention would be on the Pre and then the new Instinct 2 (Dash). There will be a lot to talk about when the Instinct 2 launches...some desirable new features to boast about. The S30 would be a footnote, hardly given any attention and marketed to value-oriented customers.

Journeyman

I think it would have been better to have held up release of the s30 until MR-6 was released, and to have made it Rev A. It should have been just the same phone with updated hardware and a sleeker look, designed at attracting new customers to the Instinct line. Making it only Rev 0 it sends a message that Sprint is regarding the Instinct as a failure. While a lot of folks around here may agree with that, there are thousands upon thousands of owners who love the phone.

Journeyman

In defense of the s30 - running the same JAD/JAR file for the LWUIT speed test on both the m800 and the m810 - the m800 averages in the 230s - the m810 is consistently in the 270s. The m810 is a faster phone - couple that with the Rev 0 and I figure it's about a wash.

I do agree though - why step backwards to Rev 0? that just doesn't make any sense.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat