Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requested features poll

Highlighted
Journeyman

requested features poll

i know there are lots for forums for requested features but i think that a official discussion with a poll could help sprint and developers easily recognize users most wanted features this phone has alot of cool features but also has alot more potential, and to help boost consumer confidence in the device and services when they are not intially released with the device i believe it is key to prioritize the development of these features for the next software release this is a ideal place to impliment this as it is a official sprint instinct forum and used by both sprint and 3rd party developers to research bugs and requested features.

Tags (3)
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

The first thing I'd like to see is a change to the unlock...

The first thing I'd like to see is a change to the unlock feature. Instead of depressing the power/lock key, I'd like to see something like the answer/ignore call, view/dismiss text. In other words, I tap the screen, and see the wallpaper on the gorgeous display, and then have the option to say, slide the clock to an "unlock" screen area. The second thing I'd like to see is a slightly different function for reaching the menus i.e. Favorites, Main, Fun, Web. The Instinct's screen is gorgeous, but I only get to show off & enjoy the wallpaper for a few seconds when checking the time or tapping the unlock button. Maybe semi-transparent menu areas or something like that to display the wallpaper more. I know many other Instinct users feel that the unlock function is annoying & cumbersome; this would have to be the first priority in my book.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: requested features poll

Make this more clear:

- Calendar sync (from a Mac)

- Contact sync (from a Mac)

- Full featured browser

From another post, there's a workaround for contact sync:

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=Samsung_Instinct&thread.id=2256

Basically send contacts across via bluetooth. Not the automated wireless sync i'd hoped for, but certainly workable. If there were a similar function for calendar events, that would be spectacular! At that point, I'd be getting an Instinct instead of pondering a much more expensive device with much more expensive plan...

Message Edited by rutledjw on 07-09-2008 12:11 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Map voice command button(hardware button on right of phone) to hide the left menu bar of browser. This menu bar wastes 20% of screen space on every site! Ridiculous!

(If they can map camera button for scrolling, they can technically map voice command button to hide browser menu bar!)

Message Edited by jsmith on 07-04-2008 09:11 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

i wouldn't mind seeing a better browser all together, i'v...

i wouldn't mind seeing a better browser all together, i've always liked opera mini but the accelerometer feature for the instincts browser is pretty cool, if developers could create a browser like opera mini with that feature it would be pretty slick. other than that, customizable interface for sure, IM, calander sync for email clients like LIVE mail and GMAIL not just outlook. memory caching for GPS routes when service is lost, and caching for TV and radio isn't a bad idea either, it could improve quality in the playback, if we have up to 8 GIGS of NAND then why not use some of it for short term cache. more camera and photo edit options are nice as well

Highlighted
Journeyman

i forgot to mention flash capability would be nice, or at...

i forgot to mention flash capability would be nice, or at least 3rd party apps for youtube and such, and document viewers for email attachments, in no way was my helio ocean a smart phone or PDA but it was able to view attachments

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd say most important to me would be MUCH improved sync capabilities with Outlook (and/or others) for Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Email, etc. All the other features such as improved web browsing are also needed, but for me are secondary to the sync features.

I also like the idea of being able to configure what I want to be the default home screen for the phone, more control over sound/ringer/vibration separation, and the CONTACTS section to be accessible from the Main screen!

Highlighted
Journeyman

-Yes, the lock function is not the best it could be - a t...

-Yes, the lock function is not the best it could be - a touchscreen based response for the lockscreen would be more desirable. -All phones need copy and paste!! I was highly surprised that function is not on this phone.. -Are there any phones that can utilize the secured systems and SSL programming to access highly sensitive sites such as financial institutions? If I never had to log onto my pc for anything else but data or storage, that would be great. -For the person saying they'd like to see email attachments, not sure if they've changed the software since then, but my attachments show as a paperclip attached to the envelope in the left column of the email section when you open the specific email account, ie open Yahoo Mail, see list of emails, see envelope graphic on left. Yes, document viewers are a necessity. -Chatroom chat isn't a high priority for me. The Instinct is actually unique as far as I'm aware in that it shows you text and phone history under the text menu. -Yes, videos are pixellated. It's a phone with a 2 gig memory card, though. I had a Centro and it wouldn't even play videos -Web Browser window size - seems adequate to me. You can enlarge the text/graphic. -Yes, user ability to completely personalize every menu function, ie to add Contacts to Favs list for highest ease of use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i think use of the accelerometer needs improvement, or ad...

i think use of the accelerometer needs improvement, or adjustible sensativity and the option to invert the controls. if it was done right it would be a ideal way to pan around web pages and scroll through menus without accidentally selecting things

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to have the ability to record calls and be a...

I would like to have the ability to record calls and be able to send them like the Visual Voicemail. Or at least be able to do voice notes and send them like with the voice mail. That's about the only thing I miss from my BlackJack 1 with Windows Mobile 6. I'm glad I made the plunge over to Sprint with the Instinct. It rocks. Oh one other minor change is the TV doesn't work with my A2DP Headphones, I wish it did so I could watch TV without bothering anyone else at night. My BlackJack 1 used to with MobiTV. Other than that ROCK ON! Love the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone browser is one of the biggest priority to me. I...

The phone browser is one of the biggest priority to me. It needs a lot of work and I'm sure I don't have to say exactly what it needs because its been talked about plenty in this and other forums. Firefox is making a killer touch screen browser that would be awesome on this phone. http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/06/11/zoom-pan-throw-a-peek-at-what-firefox-mobile-could-be/ Document viewer is also an important issue that needs to be addressed. It would make a world of difference if we could at least open PDF, Word, and other image type documents. IM would be good but not necessarily a must. And a very important issue that needs to be addressed is the keyboard function working with other browsers and applications that could make use of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would love to see a self-timer feature on the phone, ma...

I would love to see a self-timer feature on the phone, maybe two options: a 2 second and a 10 second timer. Sitting the phone appropriately for the picture would be a small challenge, but not impossible. I would also like to be able to rotate pictures I've taken or received a full 360 degrees so that I may use them as a background if they do not have the correct orientation.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat