cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soo now that diamond is out are we left out?

Highlighted
Patron

soo now that diamond is out are we left out?

do you think that if diamond does really well which im assuming it will..that us instinct users will be swept under the rug and updates wont come out as much as they are needed??

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

Of course it will be swept under the rug. Sprint was looking for their next big meal ticket, and since the Instinct wasnt it (because you cant sow bad seeds and expect a good harvest) They WILL undoubtedly move on.. Oh youll get updates, but not in a rush...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keep in mind the Diamonds cost more. In today's economy, price DOES have an effect on sales numbers. That being said, the new phones always take center stage and eventually the older ones get left behind. That will happen with the Diamonds too once something else comes out after them. You guys know that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If we are, it's goodbye to Sprint and that's after 12 plus years with Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

im not surprised if this happens. isnt this how the world of cell phones is? you buy the latest today and in a couple of months something better is out there. what i believe that due to todays economy new cell phones wont hold up high prices for long. i wouldnt expect once the new HTC's start to come out their prices will come down much faster than before. and i believe the instinct will in fact be a thing of the past. thats just the way it is.

Highlighted
Patron

@sj*performance wrote:
isnt this how the world of cell phones is?

Yes. This is why there has been an urgency to pressure Sprint to improve this phone quickly.

The people who are telling you "be patient, Sprint will fix it" do not have your best interests in mind.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes!! It'll be a 1,2 punch. Diamond today, the Diamond Pro in little over a month from now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As soon as we see a "Touch Diamond Insight" forum, we're done.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I talked to Sprint about trading my Instinct for the Touch Diamond. I've been with Srpint for 10 years and I purchased my Instinct on June 19th. I told them I was unhappy with the Instinct, that it was full of problems and was not "as advertised". They told me I would have to pay $549.00 for the Touch Daimond or $400 to leave Sprint and go to another carrier. Since they were so uninterested in me, I went out Friday night and bought an Iphone and a MOTo Q 9H for my wife and signed up with AT&T. They waved activation for me and gave me $100 rebate. I will sell my Instinct and my wifes Q on ebay to make some of the $400 back from breaking Sprints contract. So, I paid $500 for the Iphone and a Moto Q 9H for mywife which is $50 less than I would have had to pay for the Touch Diamond from Sprint. I was amazed at Sprints attitude towards an unhappy 10 year customer. I had enough and made the break this weekend. I will have to say that the Iphone is really great. And, it syncs with Outlook contact and calender, Photos, Apps and Music so easy! I was really hesitant about making the move, but now that it's done, I'm very glad that I did.

Highlighted
Journeyman

glad to hear youre now a happy camper

stop back in a few weeks and let us know how that monthly bill difference makes you feel too

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree about the pricing difference.. a $129 phone vs a $249 phone ($350 up front) that's a big difference for a lot of people.
Sprint was never in a rush to support the Instinct anyway, no matter what other phones they had out. I don't see why anything would change now.. unless sprint decided to start caring about their customers and products, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Personally I'd rather pay a little more if it meant I received superior customer service. I don't know if AT&T is better or not, but I can say with complete honesty that I have received worse customer service from Sprint than any other service. I'm not just including utitilies. I mean for anything, restaurants, stores, etc.

I've been with Sprint 3 years and am stuck with them a couple more because I can't afford to eat the ETF, but when my time is up unless there's been a drastic change with Sprint's cust. svc I will be talking with my money by leaving.

I have one Curve and 2 Instincts. The Instinct was a major disappointment.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat