cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the omnia

Patron

the omnia

this omnia phone is so nice only problem is the windows never really liked it but every function on this phone is what we should have gotten with the instinct, i mean a 5 mgp camera 16 gig internal mem and the wifi and the thing that we all love but will never see on the instinct is the auto crop and tilt OH and mostly the working visual keyboard preloaded with opera mini 9.5 mobile.

thats messed up sprint how could you do this to use i dont think i have ever seen such disregard for a phone release, you jumped the gun to get people to stay with you by offering the instinct to sway people going to get the apple 3g.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Patron

Re: the omnia

I don't think this was an oversight by Sprint, the Omnia has more or better goddies on it for the simple fact that it's a lot expensive than our Instinct. Sprint knew that if they priced the Instinct more than 199, then people would just get the iphone.

Journeyman

This site is for INSTINCT not about the OMNIA.

Re: This site is for INSTINCT not about the OMNIA.

@alvin319 wrote:

Ok dude. People cant just have a simple conversation about how our INSTINCT was chosen over this other phone? Its a completely valid question and noone needs a forum Nazi to jump in and tell us its not allowed.

Journeyman

As soon as the Samsung Omnia comes out, Samsung is going...

As soon as the Samsung Omnia comes out, Samsung is going to treat the Instinct like their redheaded step child. Hopefully they will roll out the updates we need before Omnia takes center stage.

Re: As soon as the Samsung Omnia comes out, Samsung is going...

True. The last thing I want is an abandoned phone

Journeyman

@jay51 wrote:
As soon as the Samsung Omnia comes out, Samsung is going to treat the Instinct like their redheaded step child. Hopefully they will roll out the updates we need before Omnia takes center stage.

Sprint will not allow that because I am pretty sure that the Instinct is shouldering most of the load for the company at the moment...It's all about the money right now and fixing their stock price while keeping veteran customers like myself if i may say so? They will stay on top of Samsung if they are smart!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I read the Cnet article on the Omnia and apparently...

Well, I read the Cnet article on the Omnia and apparently there is a rumor that the phone will actually go to ATT!! If AT T gets this phone as well, I will be extremely peeved. They can't corner the market on great phones C'mon Sprint. Give me reasons to stick with you guys besides great prices on plans and good network coverage! http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-omnia/4505-6452_7-33184793.html?tag=mncol;lst

Journeyman

Re: Well, I read the Cnet article on the Omnia and apparently...

@Greego wrote:
Well, I read the Cnet article on the Omnia and apparently there is a rumor that the phone will actually go to ATT!! If AT T gets this phone as well, I will be extremely peeved. They can't corner the market on great phones C'mon Sprint. Give me reasons to stick with you guys besides great prices on plans and good network coverage! http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-omnia/4505-6452_7-33184793.html?tag=mncol;lst

If AT&T gets that phone I will share in your disappointment! Sprint don't let this be...don't drop the ball again.

Journeyman

Re: the omnia

@Aristo wrote:
I don't think this was an oversight by Sprint, the Omnia has more or better goddies on it for the simple fact that it's a lot expensive than our Instinct. Sprint knew that if they priced the Instinct more than 199, then people would just get the iphone.
I would have to disagree with this comment. Yes it would have cost more than the Instinct for the Omnia, but I don't think people would have run out and purchased the IPhone. Many current customers still had to pay more for the Instinct rather than switching to AT&T and getting the IPhone. I know...I paid more and still with Sprint. The fact is that most people that purchased the Instinct in my opinion would have paid more. Many people don't want AT&T. They didn't raise the bar like the commercials say, they matched it. 3G now, Sprint has had those speeds since like 2005 from what I read. Also, I know quite a few people with IPhones, 2G or 3G and the reception sucks and the plans for the IPhone cost more than the Instinct also. My 2 cents.

Journeyman

Re: Well, I read the Cnet article on the Omnia and apparently...

@d4punkrock wrote:

@Greego wrote:

If AT&T gets that phone I will share in your disappointment! Sprint don't let this be...don't drop the ball again.
Look up the Samsung i910 (also the Omnia). It is for CDMA networks for Sprint and Verizon.

Patron

@jay51 wrote:

That doesn't make sense IMO.

If that was the case, the Diamond and the Touch Pro would take the "center stage" from the Instinct. In a way, they have, but not completely. The Instinct remains to be that "iPhone killer", while the Diamond and the Touch Pro remains WinMo devices. The Omnia is a WinMo device and it will be treated as such.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat