cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video

Highlighted
Journeyman

video

i bluetoothed a video to my instinct and it said it was complete but i am unable to locate the video on my instinct. where did it go?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: video

More than likely it ended up in the 'OTHER" folder or similar.  Use bluetooth or pull the card and put it in a card reader and browse the card.  You'll see it there in the wrong place.

The only way (that I have found) to get videos into the Instinct is to use a SD card reader and copy them to the card.  The Bluetooth way seems to 'hide' the videos etc.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

What if you go into TV and then go to My Videos? Does it...

What if you go into TV and then go to My Videos? Does it come up there? Perhaps under Sideloaded?

Highlighted

Re: What if you go into TV and then go to My Videos? Does it...

Not that I can find it.  The files are definitely in 'OTHERS' folder, but I haven't found any way to browse to the 'OTHERS' folder on the phone.

Silly phone.  🙂 

Journeyman

can anyone find the 'other' file? help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

And you went to the TV and My Videos and it wasn't there either (maybe under sideloaded?)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

nope still unable to find it said download complete. any other suggestions where it might be?

Highlighted

It's in the 'OTHERS' folder.  It appears that's just where the Bluetooth stack puts received files.

To get the video in the right place you'll need to use a card-reader.  Heading to Best Buy this afternoon to pick one up!

Will 

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you go to E-Mail and then tap Browse Files you can get...

If you go to E-Mail and then tap Browse Files you can get to and play files from any of the folders. Other Attachments is the Other Folder but it plays them Portrait instead of Landscape. I put mine in the Saved Folder then go to my pictures and can play them the Landscape regular way. But this will help you when you are Bluetoothing. At least it's a way to play them from the Other Folder.

Highlighted

Re: If you go to E-Mail and then tap Browse Files you can get...

Fancy!  what a nasty hack, but fancy!

Thanks! 

Highlighted

SOLUTION:

Use a video type the phone recognizes.  Sending files to the phone via bluetooth works GREAT with MP4 video files.  It loads them in the proper place and plays them just fine.  

3G2 files (from other phones) - unrecognized, stuck in OTHER.  (that's what I had been using)

MP4 files - WORKS, plays back fine.

AVI files -  unrecognized, stuck in OTHER.

WMV files -  unrecognized, stuck in OTHER.

MOV files -  unrecognized, stuck in OTHER.

Message Edited by wengla02 on 07-10-2008 12:46 PM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat