cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weather and live search problems... please help!

Journeyman

weather and live search problems... please help!

So i have been reading some of the threads on here but didnt really see anyone mention these two problems... When i try to go the weather application it just sits there and says its updating and shows that its connecting but just stays like that and will never update.

The other problem i have been having is when i go to live search, on the top it says no gps and makes me input a city manually. Isnt it suppose to detect my location and give me the closest matches to where i am at? the navigation map works and it can find my location but for some reason the live search gps cant find my location... weird.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Are you indoors when attempting to use search? Make surre...

Are you indoors when attempting to use search? Make surre the zip you are entering is correct and try to access the web tell me what happens?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: weather and live search problems... please help!

it dosent matter if im indoors or outdoors, it does the same thing... everything works fine except the two problems i listed above... so that means internet and everything works good. and yea the zip code is right.

Journeyman

You may need to reset your phone. I was having the same p...

You may need to reset your phone. I was having the same problem, and I called sprint technical services. They walked me through a reboot, and now it works perfectly. Make sure you backup your information before you do this or you will lose all the data on your phone.

Journeyman

When i have experienced this, i didn't reboot, I just tur...

When i have experienced this, i didn't reboot, I just turned the phone off then back on a tried again. It seems to be connected to the network connectivity issue. The network doesn't stay consistently connected when it is not in use so if it goes out of network range and you try an application that requires the network it tends to get hung up. a soft reset seems to do the trick!

Journeyman

restarting the phone sometimes works for the weather application problem but it seems to be 50/50. It dosent help at all with the gps problem for live search. i guess i will just have to take it in to the store.

Journeyman

If I remember correctly, the first thingI did after registering the device wasto have the GPS find a map of my current location (I wasin my house and not in the car). It found me and no problems since.

There is a newer 6/02/08 PDF manualfor the Instinct than the 4/24/08version in the box; see page 103 for info on the GPS navigation program:

http://www.sprint.com/cdma/assets/pdfs/phone_guides/samsung/samsung_instinct_emg.pdf?id16=instinct

Not sure if or what changed since April but maybe the newer user guide can help.

Journeyman

Yea see if i go under the navigation application and then hit search from there it detects my location no problem at all. its when i go to the web section and click on live search a screen will come up and on the top it says "no gps- enter your city"and then a refresh button next to it. i try to hit the refresh button but it just wont connect to the gps which is really weird cause it will for navigation...

i proly wouldnt even carethat it dosent work cause i could just go into thenavigation screen and search for stuffbut i would like to use the voive activated search to find stuff around me cause that is more convienient. since this is happening, i cannot do that.

i do appreciate all theideas tho.

Journeyman

Did you try and contact sprint and have them reprogram yo...

Did you try and contact sprint and have them reprogram your phone. I did that and it corrected my issues with live search, tv, weather and news issues. You just have to call from a landline so they can walk you through the reprogramming steps. Just make sure you back up your information first as you will lose what is on the phone now.

Journeyman JLS
Journeyman

illini1010

In reponse to your questions, the issue you are seeing is related to a known bug which will be resolved with the most recent maintenance release.  Until the release is pushed ot your device.  The bug is that there is a slight loss of connecetivity to Live Search, and by simply opening the browser, then returning to Live Search all should work fine. 

With the new maintenance release, this step is not required and Live Search should work each time the icon is selected.

Enjoy!

Sprint Product Ambassador

FYI - JLS is one who would know.  Thanks for chiming in with the latest info!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat