cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is opera?

Journeyman

what is opera?

I have no idea what you people are talking about when you talk about the opera browser. talking about updates for it and all. is it on my phone already, do i neeed to download it, what????

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: what is opera?

the Opera that everyone is talking about is Opera Mini 4.1 which in my opinion the best browser i've used on a mobile device and is leaps and bounds better than the browser on the Instinct. Many were hoping that the update that came out today would

Journeyman

Yes, best browser out here for mobile devices. It is an application that you have to download at the Operamini website to your phone. Won't work until after the Sprint update in August (we hope).

Elvis.

Highlighted
Patron

Why is it that Opera Mini 4.1 crashes? I know that 3.1 just doesn't have the keyboard input available, which the update in August is supposed to fix. But if you say 4.1 crashes rather than have this inability to input text, what in this August update would fix 4.1?

Journeyman

I am not sure about that since I don't know to nuch about the programming. I do know that Opera mini 4.1 Final crashes on my Centro also, but 4.1beta works fine. Go figure.

Elvis.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Elvis - where'd you get the Java runtime for your Centro so you can use Opera?

I'd love to have that . . .

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

If you go to the opera mini forums and ask, usually someone will write you to PM them for it. I know it is hard to find since they pulled it.

Zipped it, it is 9.26M not bad. I put the file here. Enjoy.

Elvis.

Message Edited by elvisem on 08-05-2008 08:54 AM

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat