cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the instinct should have/could have been...

Journeyman

what the instinct should have/could have been...

omnia video

why did sprint decide on the instinct over the omnia, behold or the eternity? I seems like we got the worst one of the family. Was the instinct just ready to go? (or so they thought)

to be fair i dont know that any of those phones are bug free, but they look like nice functional units, and I have become quite frustrated with the instinct and the fact that i am pretty much stuck with it for a year and a half.

Message Edited by Chaser on 11-26-2008 12:09 AM

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: what the instinct should have/could have been...

i think the instinct could learn alot from the behold, looks to be a very functional user friendly phone. i like my instinct but its the little things they left out that really kill it.

(radio and voice navigation over stereo bluetooth,poor camera and lack ofcamera options, customizable interface, accelerometer, lack of applications, poor TV support, browser is better but still extremely slow)theres probablymore that icant really think of right now.

Journeyman

Guess we all all suckers for buying Instinct. Those others seem much better.

The behold has a 5mp camera.

Instinct stinks !

Journeyman

I would love to have a real Facebook APP like Iphone does...

I would love to have a real Facebook APP like Iphone does. I would love to upload videos of more than 30 secs on Youtube from my phone.

Wizard

well according to the article from the developers, they pushed out the phone just to beat the iphone 3G to market (9 months from start to end). Samsung is obviously learning things along the way and I think it was Sprint's mistake in trying to create an entire new widget library OS from scratch. I too wish that the Instinct had a few more tweaks to make it nicer, not even necessarily an iphone killer. I do like the 5 mega pixel auto-focus camera with flash on the Omnia and its ability to use the wifi. I am sure that by the summer 09 all the new phones will make the summer/winter 08 phones look ridiculous. And by that time we will all be 1 year in and at least get some credit to turn in our Instincts. There is also that new white space potential looming. Enjoy it in the mean time!

MR-4 was a great update that opens up a whole new world of java apps. There is only so much this phone can do given the hardware. If they would just open up the innards to third party apps, we will be set.

Journeyman

Master

I do believe Sprint had good intentions with the Instinct, But with their financial troubles there's just not the money to back it up now.

Journeyman

Sprint is in financial troubles.... hmmm.... that has me...

Sprint is in financial troubles.... hmmm.... that has me worried. But I agree. I bought my instinct and I was soo happy with it thinking I got a good phone, but less then a couple months later I walk into a phone store and I see all these different (and better versions I would say) of the samsung instinct for different carriers and it makes me sad. When the iphone came out the only reason why I didnt leave sprint and get an iphone was the talk about this new iphone killer the instinct. And now there are like three or four instinct killers and the new improved iphone which all beat the instinct. So the instinct was good for about a month or less. Sad day. Sprint I am dissapointed with you. I have been with Sprint for almost 6 years now and I have to say I might leave them for the iphone because I dont see anything going there way. Except for the iinstinct being on top for a month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint is in financial troubles.... hmmm.... that has me...

Yes. We are all suckers for buying the instinct. Plain and simple. You know I'm not trying to put anyone down, I made the same mistake. Fortunately for me I was able to replace it with a phone that cost twice as much.

Take solice in knowing you're not alone. You're not stupid for your decision. Scam artists come in all shapes and sizes.

As for me, on Wednesday I have to make a decision to either give my touch pro back to sprint(getting 400 back), and go back to the instinct, or attempt to sell this peice of garbage on ebay and stick with my touch pro.

I honestly don't know how much i'll get for it on ebay, but I bet with all the accessories and stuff, I won't get my money back.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat