cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will there be an update to allow the instinct to instant message?

when will there be an update to allow the instinct to instant message?

I try meebo and other IM websites for mobile phones but they dont work on the instinct... is there any other web sites the work for the instinct or update?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: when will there be an update to allow the instinct to instant message?

No. The only way to we'll have a "real" im app is if Sprint or a certified developer puts one out. Don't look for it to happen anytime soon.

Journeyman

Nimbuzz works, you just can't keep it running in the background.

Journeyman

I should have clariified... what I meant by a "real" im app is one that runs in the background. The Instinct doesn't have one yet, and there is no word on whether we ever will or not. For all we know one may have been made for the Developers Contest, but who knows if we'll ever see ANYTHING out of that.

Journeyman

I use gizmo to IM & it works great. Try it out www.gi...

I use gizmo to IM & it works great. Try it out www.gizmo5.com

Patron

So I was running Gizmo5 and I got two texts messages so I...

So I was running Gizmo5 and I got two texts messages so I selected them to read and when it kicked me out of Gizmo and went to the texts. It completely locked the phone up and had to take out the battery to reset it. Yeah I guess that is a bad idea when you are in instant messenger. lol

Journeyman

I don't know what you are doing wrong. My son & I bot...

I don't know what you are doing wrong. My son & I both have instinct phones & both use Gizmo5 to IM with no problem at all.

Journeyman

well if ur talkn bout yahoo messenger it works just fine for me. i went to yahoo mobile and it gives me access to my yahoo messenger..

Journeyman

I use yahoo it works fine when i log out on my laptop it...

I use yahoo it works fine when i log out on my laptop it logs me in to my instinct automatically....cool huh ?!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat