cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when will they come out with another update?!? this phone needs major updating!!!

Highlighted
Patron

when will they come out with another update?!? this phone needs major updating!!!

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed...

Highlighted
Journeyman

No offense, but the amount of post likes yours is gettng freakin old. there is another update coming in August and if you, like countless others are so disappointed with this phone, Take it back for Christs sakes and move on. I mean is it that Hard?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well said roughneck!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed. Love it or leave it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I disagree. This is the same line of reasoning "patriotic" Americans use against people who are dissatisfied with America's current system of abusive capitalism and out-of-touch governing. "If you don't like it, leave it."

That's no way to solve things. A person who complains about this phone isn't doing it because he doesn't like the phone. It's because he likes the phone and wants to keep it, but wants it to change for the better. They're complaining because this phone has so much potential that is being squandered. This phone could've been a very legitimate contender to the iPhone right out of the gate. And the 1st gen excuse just doesn't apply. The iPhone was the first gen touch device. It should've been the model for this phone's development.

I know we're all tired of hearing the mumbling and the grumbling about this phone, but rather than attack the people who have legitimate complaints about this phone, and only have its best interests at heart, let's focus our energy on pressuring the developer to get these fixes out, so this phone becomes the phone that we can all stand behind and endorse wholeheartedly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you on this one dclowd9901 the prior post from the others sounds like people that have just accepted this phone in its current condistion... I say keep the heat on! We were marketed to that this phone (Instinct) was an iphone killer, Sprint places on its main website page " Instinct more for less iphone less for more" if this is the case why shouldn't one complain if they are not delivering? We are the ones who contributed to sales of this company and a recurring sale with a 2year contract. BOTTOM LINE, I WANT WHAT I PAY FOR!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nah...some people just like to complain (whine) for the sake of complaining. Some people are never happy. The phone could be perfect and some would still complain. I agree that this was probably rushed to market a bit, but Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes a lot of TIME to code things and fix things that need updating. The people that post here seem to think that all these updates should just happen magically overnight. And some of the problems sound like they are with third party data service providers, and server load, and those things take time to resolve too. So just wait and be patient or take your phone back and get something else. And if you think that pasture is greener with the iPhone, well...better go read the message boards on the net for THAT phone first and see the whining that goes on there too. There is no perfect touchscreen phone. Not yet anyway.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@phonecat wrote:
I'm with you on this one dclowd9901 the prior post from the others sounds like people that have just accepted this phone in its current condistion... I say keep the heat on! We were marketed to that this phone (Instinct) was an iphone killer, Sprint places on its main website page " Instinct more for less iphone less for more" if this is the case why shouldn't one complain if they are not delivering? We are the ones who contributed to sales of this company and a recurring sale with a 2year contract. BOTTOM LINE, I WANT WHAT I PAY FOR!!!!!

Not really how I'd put it. I never believe in marketing, and never base my phone purchases on hype. Nor do I use excessive caps or exclamation points.

However, there is a certain degree of reliability we should expect out of the phone, and, again, there is no 1st gen excuse. This is not a first gen phone. This phone is the 2nd generation of touch phones. At the very least, we should be able to have a browser that doesn't crash our phone for no apparent reason. I mean, we're just talking about fundamental issues here. Nothing on this phone should be broken. Interface issues aside, every function on the phone should work without fail. It's not acceptable that a product that doesn't work is released.

Pointing to other products that don't work as an excuse isn't any better. What is wrong with the person who stands up for the product that doesn't deliver even the essential promises of a product. What if you bought a car from the dealership, and the A/C wasn't working? Or the power windows? Sure these aren't essential to the basic premise of the product, but no one would stand for these issues. So don't make excuses for the phone. Demand better.

In general, demand better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

in responce dclowd9901: "Not really how I'd put it. I never believe in marketing, and never base my phone purchases on hype. Nor do I use excessive caps or exclamation points." I'am by know means concerned with your personal preferences and could care less whether you use caps, exclamation points or beleive the marketing hype!!!! I giving my opinion as to how I see it and expressing my feeling about this matter. I was under the empression I had a right to do so on this chat forum designed for Sprint customers!!!! Maybe we should stick to the facts about the Instinct Phone instead of worrying about other peoples grammer and marketing beliefs!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@phonecat wrote:
in responce dclowd9901: "Not really how I'd put it. I never believe in marketing, and never base my phone purchases on hype. Nor do I use excessive caps or exclamation points." I'am by know means concerned with your personal preferences and could care less whether you use caps, exclamation points or beleive the marketing hype!!!! I giving my opinion as to how I see it and expressing my feeling about this matter. I was under the empression I had a right to do so on this chat forum designed for Sprint customers!!!! Maybe we should stick to the facts about the Instinct Phone instead of worrying about other peoples grammer and marketing beliefs!!!!!!!!!!

Just making sure what I'm saying is not being lost in the common naying and baying of most forum complaints. People have legitimate complaints with this product, but I don't think "I believed the marketing" is any more a valid excuse than "the phone is 1st gen."

As for your grammar: I assume your intent when posting on forums is to let people know of the valid misgivings and greivances you might have with the phone. I'm not sure anyone posts on forums with intent of looking childish and immature (and not to be taken seriously), but it's easy to do just that by throwing away simple grammar and etiquette.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat