Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom in/out

Journeyman
Journeyman

zoom in/out

when updates come will there be a update so you can zoom in and out when taking pictures

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

I doubt it; since the update will not magicly change the lens on the phone. It is what it is. The fact is that the update will not change the hardware on the phone.

Journeyman

@SickOlicious wrote:
I doubt it; since the update will not magicly change the lens on the phone. It is what it is. The fact is that the update will not change the hardware on the phone.

Hardware isn't the only way to zoom if you don't know. There is DIGITAL zoom. Not as good as optical but zoom is zoom. I hope they will add this sometime in the future but I doubt it will be soon.

Message Edited by UnSTaBLE on 07-29-2008 10:39 PM

Journeyman

Unfortunately, the answer is almost definitely no. There will be no upgrades to the camera or camcorder.

During the last Sprint developer webcast, I asked about this and the answer was "There will be no additional features for the camera. It is pretty much a point and shoot thing". Straight from the horse's mouth.

Journeyman

When you view the picture in your phone you can zoom in then.

Journeyman

@lil wrote:
when updates come will there be a update so you can zoom in and out when taking pictures

The camera on Instinct's phone doesn't have optical zoom option. It takes 2 megapixel pictures. Once you take the picture however, you can zoom in on the picture on Instinct's screen by going to My Photos and then clicking on a picture and then click on the maginfying glass icon and then sliding the slider on the left towards + sign. This will let you zoom in on the "already taken" picture on Instinct's screen.

Journeyman

There is a very valid reason to have an optical zoom on a phone. You may want to save or send the picture before going home to crop it on your computer. I never use it on my "real" camera, but on a phone I would use if often. Alternatively, they could add simple photo editing so images could be cropped later.

Journeyman

It's cool thatI can zoom in afterI take a picture, but it seems pretty pointless that I can't save the zoomed picture. What's the point of zooming in after the picture is taken if I can't keep it zoomed in? I don't get it. It's a pretty dumb feature (or lack there of).

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat