cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - re-released

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05)

i am having the same problem. after the update the phone gets stuck on the boot up screen. i have tried the boot menu but still the same problem. i have already done a warranty claim so im getting a new one. i just would love to find a way to make it work so i dont have to go a week without a phone.

Highlighted
Master

You don't have to file an insurance claim if a phone maintenance release messes up your phone, Sprint will repair/replace it for free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah thats what i mean. it was a warrenty claim so i didnt have to pay anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any suggestions on what app downloads would trigger an early install of 2.2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have no idea. I've been trying everything to maybe sneak my way into the update and nothing. I am currently monitoring 2 forum sites and Sprints facebook for any info and Im not getting much lmao

Highlighted
Journeyman

if your waiting for the update is it better to let you phone just sit there till it happens or is it better to update the prl and update your profile and/or restart your phone often?????   CANT WAIT!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Used to have the option to save a contact to your phone or to google...not an option any more.  After the update all the ones saved to my phone are now gone.

Journeyman

Any suggestions on what app downloads would trigger an early install of 2.2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody know if ADW Launcher is compatible with froyo? I emailed the dev but havent heard anything yet.

Nevermind just got a response its compatible.

Message was edited by: gdfancypants

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/17 - Samsung Intercept Maintenance Release - Android 2.2 (DL05) - we're gonna need some help

Swetterman, in an Android phone, Google serves as your ONLY backup for your contacts. If you don't save new contacts as Google contacts, they only exist in your phone's database.

So be forewarned, Intercept and other Android users; any non-Google contacts WILL be lost in a firmware upgrade. When the Sprint store moved my contacts from my old Lotus, they put them  in as phone contacts, so they would not sync with my Google account until I exported them to my SD card and  re-imported them back into my phone as Google contacts. Critical to do BEFORE you jump into Froyo. Better to have some duplicates than to lose your new million-dollar-account's phone number.

I'm sure that are many Intercept folks out there in Sprintland eagerly dragging down Notification bars at every 'ding'. Personally, I haven't gotten The Notice yet, and may still wait until  I've seen how it's gone for others before I jump in. A Mac guru  friend of mine always says, never install version 1.0 of anything.

All you experts out there, please remember that many Intercept owners (including myself) are first-time Android smartphone users, and would really benefit from a serious dose of your good advice BEFORE running this major firmware upgrade. Assume we know nothing. Tell us everything right here. I know some of what you tell us will have been mentioned elsewhere, but HERE is where we will see it. And thank you!

To help us prepare and cut our losses BEFORE doing the update, it would be helpful to know at least these most basic things:

what's in the phone vs. what's on the SD card? I for one have not been able to get my phone to USB-connect with my PC and  have had to remove the SD card and use the card adapter to add/backup  files, so am uncertain whether the computer can 'see' data in the phone  itself.

Besides Google contacts and calendar events, which should resync from our Google accounts, what will be lost in the firmware upgrade process, and in which cases, if any, might it be possible to back up certain things to one's computer and restore afterward?

Gallery: "Camera media": Are these in the phone,  not on the card, and if so, how to move them to the card? Do we have to mail them to ourselves? What about pictures downloaded from messages? Where are they?

E-mail accounts: will we have to set them up again?

Browser: will we lose our bookmarks?

Messaging? Will we lose our text threads?

Memos: are they lost? Should we write them down on a piece of paper before the upgrade? (how annoying)

Apps  downloaded from the Android Market: paid apps should appear in our  Media lists in our accounts online, but I, at least, am not seeing my free ones; should we be  making a list of the free ones? I'm guessing Froyo will be giving us a pop-up asking where we want to store them.

Do we need to dismount and remove our SD cards before running the upgrade?

What else have I not thought of that could trip us up?

And happy holidays, everyone, from the Love City Pan Dragons Youth Steel Orchestra, St John US Virgin Islands!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My recommendation is do not update. For me this update stinks and is irreversible according to Sprint. It completely changes the interface and resets your personalized pages. answering the phone and disconnecting are most inconvenient. Can no longer delete individual call history, only all or none. Sliding the lock tab left to right instead of up is not desireable. you must also slide the bar now left to right to answer calls and the same to disconnect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I get that. The interface is different.

Honestly, I re-learned a phone interface when I purchased this device as my first Android phone back in early September. This phone has the potential to be much better than it is right now, namely with the moving of the apps to SD and HOPEFULLY  a fix for the issues with the lagging/freezing. So if my phone responds 3-5 times faster when I push a button or softkey or ask to open an application, I'll gladly re-learn an interface. There are free apps available on the market to change interface from the dialer to the keyboard, anyway.

I dunno..

Is your phone at least running faster? Tried moving apps to SD?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat